February 28, 2016 | by  | in News |

VUW bank job, but with no Jason Statham

On February 18, it was made public that a Victoria University staff member had resigned after an investigation into possible fraud was launched.

Chief operating officer Mark Loveard said that internal financial processes had brought to light “unexplained financial transactions which are being fully investigated,” and are being taken “extremely seriously.”

There has been no confirmation as to whether to the police are involved, but Loveard noted that “the university’s general practice is to refer evidence of criminal offending to the police.”

The identity of the staff member is currently unknown and the university will not be able to make any further comment until the investigation is complete.

It is also unknown how much money has disappeared or where it came from, but let us pray it came from a bank account which probably doesn’t exist, full of money put aside for redecorating the decrepit von Zedlitz building—baby needs a paint job.  

2. Interview with Andrew Little — Part One
  4. The Trump Front
  5. Political Round-Up
  7. Things I wish I knew
  8. On the periphery of the imagined world
  9. Boulcott Blues
  10. Rankine Brown Update
Newtown, between 1908-10. Photograph taken by Sydney Charles Smith. 1888-1972: Photographs of New Zealand. Courtesy of Alexander Turnbull Library. 1/1-019663-G

On the periphery of the imagined world

: - SPONSORED - For the local, Wellington is a city of few surprises. At 500 feet, a larger, more formidable metropolis, like the sprawling small print of terms and conditions, enfeebles any sense of total comprehension. In contrast, the familiar Wellington harbour lined by a city