February 28, 2016 | by  | in News |

VUW bank job, but with no Jason Statham

On February 18, it was made public that a Victoria University staff member had resigned after an investigation into possible fraud was launched.

Chief operating officer Mark Loveard said that internal financial processes had brought to light “unexplained financial transactions which are being fully investigated,” and are being taken “extremely seriously.”

There has been no confirmation as to whether to the police are involved, but Loveard noted that “the university’s general practice is to refer evidence of criminal offending to the police.”

The identity of the staff member is currently unknown and the university will not be able to make any further comment until the investigation is complete.

It is also unknown how much money has disappeared or where it came from, but let us pray it came from a bank account which probably doesn’t exist, full of money put aside for redecorating the decrepit von Zedlitz building—baby needs a paint job.  

1. Work
  2. Editorial—Issue 22, 2016
  3. I, Daniel Blake and the Welfare State
  4. Young Voters: Waking the Sleeping Giants
  5. The Sky Is Falling
  6. Tell us about Talis
  7. Vic group launch their Reclaim-munist Manifesto
  8. Bye Bye Little Karori (in two years time)
  9. Students seize opportunity to rant at Grant
  10. Binge drinking is still a bit bad for you
i-daniel-blake

I, Daniel Blake and the Welfare State

: Recently at the NZIFF I was fortunate enough to see Ken Loach’s I, Daniel Blake, this year’s winner of the Palme d’Or at Cannes. By the end of the film nearly everybody seemed to be in mourning and most of the people seated around me were sniffling and wiping their eyes. I,