February 28, 2016 | by  | in V-ISA |

VUWSA International Students’ Association

Kia ora tātou,

I hope it is not too late to wish everyone a happy new year. May this year be a great year of joy, peace, and blessings. The are different ways of wishing happy new year, like “Felice Anno Nuovo” (Italian), “Xin Nian Yu Kuai” (Mandarin), or “Bonne Anneé” (French). That is the beauty of cultures, having unique ways of delivering the same greeting. Integration of different cultures requires time, respect, understanding, and initiative.

Studying overseas is a journey fraught with uncertainties. It is daunting for international students as they need to overcome challenges such as culture shock, language barriers, and unfamiliar environments.  Give yourselves a pat on your back for making that brave first step!  If you are struggling to adapt to a foreign environment or simply seeking some fun, find the VUWSA International Students’ Association (V-ISA). We aim to help you make your time at Victoria a memorable one. We are a representative group that speaks on behalf of the interests of international students, and we promote an international student culture at Victoria.

V-ISA was established in 2014 to address issues and concerns faced by international students at Victoria. We organize a range of social events to foster a community spirit amongst international students. V-ISA strives to make international student feel home, away from home.

The V-ISA team is made up of 12 students. Deon will lead the team this year, Esther is secretary, and Sonia is treasurer. Amalina, Corrine, Faris, and Vaelyn process feedback and comments, and plan exciting activities for international students. Ashraf, Zamir, Ravin, and Yanisa are the backbones of the team.

We invite all international students to participate and register with us by emailing vuwvisa@gmail.com. Stay up to date on our initiatives and activities by liking our facebook page: V-ISA, VUWSA International Students’ Association. We have exciting events planned, such as The Amazing Race (Day-at-the-Bay), V-ISA Sport Carnival, and V-ISA Survival.

Finally, while it may be challenging to adapt and integrate, it is not impossible. For all the international students out there, say “hi” to the friendly kiwi next to you; for all the local students out there, don’t let the conversation stall at “where are you from!” Step up, reach out!

1. A Land Long Clouded
  2. Double Colonisation: West Papua in the Pacific
  6. Interview with Gayaal Iddamalgoda
  7. GIG GUIDE
  9. Access Denied
  10. A review of American Gods in lieu of its television adaptation

not Dev

: - SPONSORED - eyes all opened hit the sun tentative your pitch was wobbly like your lower lip   I couldn’t fix the movement got seasick inside your sadness   so you left the house for sausage meat and I stayed put glued PVA to the bed   a pillow cased strewn duve