A special new graduate school

Victoria University is set to open their new Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Graduate School in trimester two of this year.

The establishment of the graduate school is a collaborative effort between WelTec, Whitireia, and the University to launch the third program of its kind in New Zealand.

The launch of the school was announced in October of last year, following similar schools opening in Auckland and Christchurch.

The school will offer four different postgraduate courses including a Master of Software Development and a Master of Engineering Practice.

The university website is touting Wellington as the best place to study ICT, labeling the capital city as the “heart of IT in New Zealand,” with “more than 13,000 full-time ICT jobs in the Wellington region, producing over a quarter of all NZ’s ICT related GDP.”

Tertiary Education Minister and dildo javelin enthusiast Steven Joyce, said the school would incorporate local businesses to “provide industry focused education to equip graduates with the technical skills” necessary in the industry.

The three schools are expected to collectively train upwards of 350 students each year in single year graduate and postgraduate courses.

Students interested in joining the graduate program should contact Pro Vice-Chancellor Mike Wilson to enrol in the first intake in trimester two.

1. Work
  2. Editorial—Issue 22, 2016
  3. I, Daniel Blake and the Welfare State
  4. Young Voters: Waking the Sleeping Giants
  5. The Sky Is Falling
  6. Tell us about Talis
  7. Vic group launch their Reclaim-munist Manifesto
  8. Bye Bye Little Karori (in two years time)
  9. Students seize opportunity to rant at Grant
  10. Binge drinking is still a bit bad for you
i-daniel-blake

I, Daniel Blake and the Welfare State

: Recently at the NZIFF I was fortunate enough to see Ken Loach’s I, Daniel Blake, this year’s winner of the Palme d’Or at Cannes. By the end of the film nearly everybody seemed to be in mourning and most of the people seated around me were sniffling and wiping their eyes. I,