- SPONSORED -
*Interview* with Taika Waititi
What’s the best part of your job?
I have 52K+ Twitter followers, I’m more popular than Regina George.
What’s the worst part of your job?
People always try talk to me when I go to the Aro Valley bakery for a custard square.
Kendrick or Kanye?
Dame Kiri Te Kanawa. So many bangers.
Who’s the best person in New Zealand?
Michael Murphy (runner-up in the first ever NZ Idol). Ben Lummis is my nemesis.
What is the best movie in the world?
It’s not a movie but I love the Big Save furniture ads. Lily is a great actress and I hope one day she’ll work with me.
- Instagram account @tasteofstreep—go on, you know you want to.
- MASSIVE called Salient cowards in Vice. Sorry for being badass and cool.
- Gloria Steinem is coming to New Zealand.
- Autumnal produce.
- Mouldy bread.
- Getting mud on your good Nikes.
- Easter Egg-induced breakouts.
- Sleeping on a mostly deflated air bed.
- Pope Francis has joined Instagram and it’s every bit as weird as it sounds. So far many of his grams feature Francis giving out kisses and hugs, with short captions such as “If you want to be forgiven, forgive others”. Follow @franciscus to be truly #blessed.
- It’s only taken 50 years, but a male contraceptive pill is on the horizon. It’s still a wee way off, but researchers at the University of Minnesota have found a non-hormonal method that appears more promising than any previous attempts. It is however still in development stages with possible side-effects being a major concern. Sigh.
Keen to korero
Do you want to dance?
Kei te hiahia koe ki te kanikani