April 17, 2016 | by  | in Women's Group |

Lily and Naomi take time out from strutting around Kelburn to interview themselves.

Who are you and what do you want?

N: I’m Naomi and I want to make it through ’til next week.

L: I’m Lily (Naomi’s other half) and I want world domination and Margiela boots. Oh, also. We’re the presidents of the VUWSA Women’s Group.

Did you choose the feminist life or did the feminist life choose you?

L: I chose it. My first word was matriarchy.

N: It chose me. It came home with me one night and never left.

What is the feminist agenda?

N: To make boys cry.

L: I read on the internet that the feminist agenda is that women’s sunglasses are getting bigger and bigger and one day we will all be wearing riot masks and the uprising will begin. I like this idea.

Why VUWSA Women’s Group?

L: I wanna unite all the feminists of Vic into a badass group and use our collective strength to challenge misogyny in university culture. Also Hunter Lounge social nights.

N: I want to see a group on campus that’s here for all the different ladies we have at Vic, who supports them through all aspect of university life.

What are your plans for Women’s Group this year?

L: Boosting intersectionality in the feminist community. Drinking raspberry lemonade with vodka at our Hunter Lounge hangouts. I wanna organise a feminist speed dating night (Naomi: #yas). Also we’re doing rad things with Thursdays In Black.

N: Running a kick ass Women’s Week next trimester with an art exhibition, slam poetry night, and a panel on badass women queening it up in their careers.

When you’re not campaigning for women’s rights, what are you doing?

L: Stressing out over stuff. Getting my BA in English, Art History, and Film. Listening to music with my parents and cat.

N: Drinking too much on school nights, watching Community, and ignoring your Facebook poke.

Team Kim K or Team Princess Di?

N & L: This is a lame question. We choose them both. Stop pitting women against each other.

xoxoxo

2. Interview with Andrew Little — Part One
  4. The Trump Front
  5. Political Round-Up
  7. Things I wish I knew
  8. On the periphery of the imagined world
  9. Boulcott Blues
  10. Rankine Brown Update
Newtown, between 1908-10. Photograph taken by Sydney Charles Smith. 1888-1972: Photographs of New Zealand. Courtesy of Alexander Turnbull Library. 1/1-019663-G

On the periphery of the imagined world

: - SPONSORED - For the local, Wellington is a city of few surprises. At 500 feet, a larger, more formidable metropolis, like the sprawling small print of terms and conditions, enfeebles any sense of total comprehension. In contrast, the familiar Wellington harbour lined by a city