April 10, 2016 | by  | in Miss Demeanour |

Miss Demeanour

Dear Miss Demeanour,

GG

Dear GG,

Aw button, you’re bringing me back to the days of perving on my own tutorial classmates. Good times… and like you, I didn’t have the balls to rock up to Josh and ask him out. I still occasionally stalk him on FB, because, you know, I CAN. Yeah, there are some slight regrets about not locking lips with him, but really, he never left our home-town and he got kinda fat. So, there’s that. But, I get what you’re saying about your generation being screwed, because well, TINDER, but seriously, it’s time for y’all to do something about that. And, this starts with you, GG. Let me explain.

Ladies and gents be giving up the good stuff a little too fast these days. I may sound like a nana, but I’m for fucking real here—keep your pants on. People from your generation want it casual because y’all let them have it their way. Fuck-and-run indeed. And, I’m not saying play hard to get, but I am saying, just chill—keep it in your pants, put ice on it, whatever you need to do—until you see that what you’re starting up is going somewhere you want it to.

GG, if you like this guy, grow some labia and walk up to him and ask him out. Babe, things have to start casually before they get serious. If you don’t want to get nasty before things get serious, then don’t. Don’t forget that you may get three dates into your crush and realise that he a drip.

We all get crushed by our crushes at some point. Just ask him out, girl.

1. Work
  2. Editorial—Issue 22, 2016
  3. I, Daniel Blake and the Welfare State
  4. Young Voters: Waking the Sleeping Giants
  5. The Sky Is Falling
  6. Tell us about Talis
  7. Vic group launch their Reclaim-munist Manifesto
  8. Bye Bye Little Karori (in two years time)
  9. Students seize opportunity to rant at Grant
  10. Binge drinking is still a bit bad for you
i-daniel-blake

I, Daniel Blake and the Welfare State

: Recently at the NZIFF I was fortunate enough to see Ken Loach’s I, Daniel Blake, this year’s winner of the Palme d’Or at Cannes. By the end of the film nearly everybody seemed to be in mourning and most of the people seated around me were sniffling and wiping their eyes. I,