April 3, 2016 | by  | in Dr Feelgood |

Porn for Chicks

Porn is primarily designed for a male audience, and correspondingly, men comprise a large percentage of viewership stats. Generally, it is presumed that all or most men regularly watch and enjoy porn, whereas it is unusual for a woman to freely admit the same thing. Women who watch porn are branded as kinky or dirty (not necessarily a bad thing, but still, who likes labels?), or sometimes, are judged as being “bad feminists.” The porn industry has come under fire from women’s rights groups for perpetuating the objectification and exploitation of women. For the most part, this is true. It’s obvious to see how females are reduced to tits, ass, orifices, and conquests in heterosexual porn, with studies that demonstrate how viewers become ‘desensitised’ to the progressive extremes of pornography.

As a woman and a feminist, I wanted a way to enjoy porn without feeling like I was perpetuating a dangerous and unhealthy sexual culture. Alas, Rule 34 came to the rescue and I discovered feminist porn. Filmed from a different perspective to regular porn, feminist porn portrays women as active, consenting participants in sex, rather than passive receptors. Male actors are given real screen time, instead of being disembodied penises. It shows sex in a more realistic way, showing all the fun and extreme elements of regular pornography (think: orgy/double penetration/cream pie), while allowing the actress to express her desires as a respected equal. The differences are fairly subtle, but it changes the overall tone of the scene significantly.

Feminist porn perpetuates the idea that women have healthy libidos like men do, and it’s a whole lot more satisfying as a viewer to see an accurate and genuine depiction of that. It’s not angry. It’s not boring. It’s just a good fucking time.

And believe me, you won’t miss the fake moans.

1. Larger Than Life — Chris Rex Martin & Tainui Tukiwaho
  2. Manaia — Atamira Dance Company
  3. Philosoraptor
  4. The Basement Tapes
  5. Three Days in the Country
  6. Wonder Woman (2017)
  7. The 2017 Budget — what it means for students
  8. Interview with Gareth Morgan
  9. The Bubble
  10. The battle you never asked for: Chasing Liberty vs. First Daughter

Go Watch TV: Rick and Morty and Secular Humanism

: - SPONSORED - Writers and critics have praised Rick and Morty for its sharp character writing and absurdist take on sci-fi tropes, and I count myself in that number. But there is a mounting backlash against it that I can’t help but pick a bone with. On one of the many, many pop