Boring report proves mildly interesting

University Provost Professor Wendy Larner has presented her first report to the Academic Board following her first 100 days in office.

The provost is the senior academic administrator for the university, and is responsible for driving academic excellence and overseeing the implementation of the university’s strategic plan.

Larner’s report was centred around how to best support the implementation of Primary Strategy One of the plan, which is to “adopt a distinctive academic emphasis.”

The report, Victoria Values: Towards a distinctive academic excellence, suggests a good way to go about fulfilling this strategy could be through the creation of a program that increases the link between civic engagement and course-credit.

Larner says this would allow Victoria to “brand” its undergraduate curriculum as “offering embedded experiential learning,” possibly under the title of “Victoria Values.”

The possible “clusters” include global citizenship, innovation and entrepreneurship, and societal challenges. These majors could also pave the way to possible minors as well as a 180-point masters program.

Larner believes that by growing this area of the curriculum Victoria would “be attractive to both domestic and international students.” Bae as fuck.

1. You Are Not Your Illness
  2. Let Me at The Bachelor, and Other Shit Chat
  3. Lost in the Sauce – Avo-no you didn’t
  4. Mauri Ora – Winter’s Comin’
  5. Token Cripple – How To Survive Your First Year at University (with a disabled twist!)
  6. Dream Diagnosis – Fire in Wellington
  7. Liquid Knowledge – Animal farts and performative veganism
  9. Uni Council Corner
  10. Dylan Horrocks gets new job

He Tāonga

:   I wanted to write this piece, in order to connect to all tauira within the University, with the hope that we can all remind ourselves that we are a part of an environment which is valuable, no matter our culture, our beliefs or our skin colour. The ultimate purpose of this