Boring report proves mildly interesting

University Provost Professor Wendy Larner has presented her first report to the Academic Board following her first 100 days in office.

The provost is the senior academic administrator for the university, and is responsible for driving academic excellence and overseeing the implementation of the university’s strategic plan.

Larner’s report was centred around how to best support the implementation of Primary Strategy One of the plan, which is to “adopt a distinctive academic emphasis.”

The report, Victoria Values: Towards a distinctive academic excellence, suggests a good way to go about fulfilling this strategy could be through the creation of a program that increases the link between civic engagement and course-credit.

Larner says this would allow Victoria to “brand” its undergraduate curriculum as “offering embedded experiential learning,” possibly under the title of “Victoria Values.”

The possible “clusters” include global citizenship, innovation and entrepreneurship, and societal challenges. These majors could also pave the way to possible minors as well as a 180-point masters program.

Larner believes that by growing this area of the curriculum Victoria would “be attractive to both domestic and international students.” Bae as fuck.

1. SWAT: Nostalgia
  2. The Vines of Nostalgia
  3. Drawn In
  4. The Ugly Sneaker
  5. My Romanticised Oasis
  6. Issue 18 – Nostalgia
  7. Eye On the Exec
  8. Ihumātao, its Whakapapa, and why it isn’t Mana Whenua v Outsiders
  9. Telling People with EDs to “Just Eat”: Never worked, never will, and now we have more proof.
  10. Salient Writers Get to Nerd Out at Festival for the Future