May 29, 2016 | by  | in VUWSA |

Gee-Mail

Congratulations, you have successfully reached the last week of class. For many of you, your mind now turns towards two thoughts:

1. How to cram twelve weeks of knowledge into your brain in the space of a week.
  2. Securing the best study spot in the library (white sterile-looking room on level three, hands down).

We know that the exam period can be a very stressful time. Some of you will have to forfeit hours (and therefore income) at work in order to devote time to study. Many of you will be feeling the pressure as winter sets in, making your flats cold, mouldy, and not so nice to be in.

Here at VUWSA we’ll be running Stress Free Study Week. We will be providing free breakfasts and lunches, puppies and kittens, and other stress-free activities across all three campuses to make your study week that little bit better. We’ve also stepped it up a notch this year and will be providing free dinners in the hub on Wednesday and Thursday, thanks to MTR curry! Stress Free Study Week is an expression of how we value your well-being, and encourage you to look after yourselves during one of the most stressful weeks of the trimester.

At VUWSA it’s not just your well-being during study week that we care about, but your well-being throughout your entire university experience. From your financial well-being, in pushing for a tertiary discount on public transport; to your study well-being, in pushing for increased library hours and a more equitable approach to getting assignment extensions. Student well-being has been a key theme for us over the last few years.

We’ve made some positive progress in improving your well-being over the years. Along with Stress Free Study Week, we have pushed for more funding in Student Health and Counselling, received a commitment from the Greater Wellington Regional Council for a 25% tertiary discount on public transport, worked alongside the university to build the well-being campaign and The Bubble. Student well-being will continue to be a priority for VUWSA, because we know university can be tough. Our job is to make it that little bit less tough!

Good luck!! x0x0

2. Interview with Andrew Little — Part One
  4. The Trump Front
  5. Political Round-Up
  7. Things I wish I knew
  8. On the periphery of the imagined world
  9. Boulcott Blues
  10. Rankine Brown Update
Newtown, between 1908-10. Photograph taken by Sydney Charles Smith. 1888-1972: Photographs of New Zealand. Courtesy of Alexander Turnbull Library. 1/1-019663-G

On the periphery of the imagined world

: - SPONSORED - For the local, Wellington is a city of few surprises. At 500 feet, a larger, more formidable metropolis, like the sprawling small print of terms and conditions, enfeebles any sense of total comprehension. In contrast, the familiar Wellington harbour lined by a city