Thane Kirby, you’re a dick

George FM’s breakfast team struck again last week when they broadcast and posted online an inappropriate interview with The Bachelor NZ runner up Nazanin Khanjan.

The interview saw Thane Kirby grill Naz about her intimate relations with Jordan Mauger, this season’s Bachelor.

“Is he well hung?” he asked, to which viewers saw Naz shoot an awkward side glance to someone off camera, looking for help before stumbling through an awkward response.

With Naz appearing uncomfortable, Kirby proceeded to lean back in his elevated chair and ask, “did you orgasm?”

The camera operator also zoomed in on Naz’s breasts multiple times while she was answering questions.

The top comment on the video read: “them camera skills though *okhandemojii* lol.” George FM responded with, “10 bucks if you guess who filmed it…” to which the original commenter replied, “Benny boy!”

This latest fiasco is not the first for the station, with breakfast duo Thane and Kara having a history of misogyny and sexism on their show.

Last year the pair ran a segment where they publicly shamed and bullied women with popular instagram accounts.

According to their website, “George FM is the destination for trend-setting, forward-thinking 20-40 year old’s.” Eugh.

1. A Tribe Called Queer
  2. Medical Anomalies: Trans and Intersex vs. Medicine
  3. chris††† — social justice whatever
  5. We Need New Words
  6. Things to see places to be
  7. Shock Over Proposed Job Cuts at University of Otago
  9. GENDER: THE DEATH AND REBIRTH
lets-seeeee

Let’s See How Far We’ve Come

: - SPONSORED - As Dani and I thought about what we’d like to see in this queer edition of Salient, we reflected on the state of UniQ as it stands right now, both at Victoria University and throughout the country. As we come to the end of our time as co-presidents for 2017 we con