Thane Kirby, you’re a dick

George FM’s breakfast team struck again last week when they broadcast and posted online an inappropriate interview with The Bachelor NZ runner up Nazanin Khanjan.

The interview saw Thane Kirby grill Naz about her intimate relations with Jordan Mauger, this season’s Bachelor.

“Is he well hung?” he asked, to which viewers saw Naz shoot an awkward side glance to someone off camera, looking for help before stumbling through an awkward response.

With Naz appearing uncomfortable, Kirby proceeded to lean back in his elevated chair and ask, “did you orgasm?”

The camera operator also zoomed in on Naz’s breasts multiple times while she was answering questions.

The top comment on the video read: “them camera skills though *okhandemojii* lol.” George FM responded with, “10 bucks if you guess who filmed it…” to which the original commenter replied, “Benny boy!”

This latest fiasco is not the first for the station, with breakfast duo Thane and Kara having a history of misogyny and sexism on their show.

Last year the pair ran a segment where they publicly shamed and bullied women with popular instagram accounts.

According to their website, “George FM is the destination for trend-setting, forward-thinking 20-40 year old’s.” Eugh.

1. Raw Collective, Jinz Moss, and Makeshift Movements
  2. Podcast: Interview with Get Your Hands Off My Dogcast
  4. Euthanasia Case Before the Courts
  5. We Can’t Take It for Granted: Academic Freedom in Hungary
  6. Free West Papua
  7. Pressured Lecturers, Cheating Students
  8. National Sexual Health Helpline Underway
  9. Tinder Surprise
  10. Populist Reaction Unlikely

Coffee Thoughts

: - SPONSORED - According to the NZ History website, “Wellington’s café culture is today an integral part of its identity as a city.” It’s true, everyone in this city seems to love coffee and we have an ample amount of cafes to keep the love brewing. I have been aware of t