Thane Kirby, you’re a dick

George FM’s breakfast team struck again last week when they broadcast and posted online an inappropriate interview with The Bachelor NZ runner up Nazanin Khanjan.

The interview saw Thane Kirby grill Naz about her intimate relations with Jordan Mauger, this season’s Bachelor.

“Is he well hung?” he asked, to which viewers saw Naz shoot an awkward side glance to someone off camera, looking for help before stumbling through an awkward response.

With Naz appearing uncomfortable, Kirby proceeded to lean back in his elevated chair and ask, “did you orgasm?”

The camera operator also zoomed in on Naz’s breasts multiple times while she was answering questions.

The top comment on the video read: “them camera skills though *okhandemojii* lol.” George FM responded with, “10 bucks if you guess who filmed it…” to which the original commenter replied, “Benny boy!”

This latest fiasco is not the first for the station, with breakfast duo Thane and Kara having a history of misogyny and sexism on their show.

Last year the pair ran a segment where they publicly shamed and bullied women with popular instagram accounts.

According to their website, “George FM is the destination for trend-setting, forward-thinking 20-40 year old’s.” Eugh.

1. “It doesn’t have to be boring”: Chlöe Swarbrick vs. status quo
  2. Work
  3. Editorial—Issue 22, 2016
  4. I, Daniel Blake and the Welfare State
  5. Young Voters: Waking the Sleeping Giants
  6. The Sky Is Falling
  7. Tell us about Talis
  8. Vic group launch their Reclaim-munist Manifesto
  9. Bye Bye Little Karori (in two years time)
  10. Students seize opportunity to rant at Grant
i-daniel-blake

I, Daniel Blake and the Welfare State

: Recently at the NZIFF I was fortunate enough to see Ken Loach’s I, Daniel Blake, this year’s winner of the Palme d’Or at Cannes. By the end of the film nearly everybody seemed to be in mourning and most of the people seated around me were sniffling and wiping their eyes. I,