May 8, 2016 | by  | in Dr Feelgood |

The Ins and Outs of Anal

In 2010, a study about sexual habits and preferences revealed that just under half of the participants had tried anal sex, and of those, 94% had reached orgasm doing so. Why then, in the face of overwhelming statistical data concluding anal is a good fucking time, does wanting to try or having tried anal usually get a strange reaction?

Uninhibited as ever, Dr Feelgood is here with some decent advice if you’d like to venture into the outback.

The Decision

The first thing to remember about trying anal is to make sure you’re completely ready. Stunningly obvious I know, but you can’t just ‘wing’ anal. If you’re nervous and on the receiving end you WILL NOT enjoy it, because your butthole muscles will naturally clench. This is most likely to be painful and a little traumatic, so it’s key to ensure that you’re with the right person, in the right place, and at the right time. If you’re giving remember that no one wants to be the person who made someone cry in bed, so be obvious with your support and understanding at every stage.

The Prep

If you’re sure you want to go down that track there’s some prep you may want to do. Some people like to wax back there beforehand, some like to have an enema. It’s a personal choice. If it will make you more comfortable during the act, then go for it.

The Act

Even if you forgo my previous advice, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE do not forget to lube up. The butthole has no natural lubrication of its own, and it is a delicate area that you could seriously damage without enough lubrication. If you’re using condoms (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) use a water based lube rather than an oil based, because the oil could break down the latex.

Next, start slow. The butthole muscles should be relaxed, but they’re used to stretching the other way around so ease into it with some finger or toy action. Doggy style is a good place to start after that, as is legs up on shoulders ($5 to the reader who can tell me what the actual name of that position is???).

Lastly, remember that explosive disasters are very rare, but if happens to turns to shit (sorry—awful pun) the embarrassment WILL pass, and your partner will not give you a hard time if they’re any kind of decent person.

Who knows? You might find that anal is an excellent addition to your sexual repertoire. Don’t be afraid to dabble and good luck!

1. Work
  2. Editorial—Issue 22, 2016
  3. I, Daniel Blake and the Welfare State
  4. Young Voters: Waking the Sleeping Giants
  5. The Sky Is Falling
  6. Tell us about Talis
  7. Vic group launch their Reclaim-munist Manifesto
  8. Bye Bye Little Karori (in two years time)
  9. Students seize opportunity to rant at Grant
  10. Binge drinking is still a bit bad for you
i-daniel-blake

I, Daniel Blake and the Welfare State

: Recently at the NZIFF I was fortunate enough to see Ken Loach’s I, Daniel Blake, this year’s winner of the Palme d’Or at Cannes. By the end of the film nearly everybody seemed to be in mourning and most of the people seated around me were sniffling and wiping their eyes. I,