May 8, 2016 | by  | in VUWSA |

VUWSA Exec

This week’s theme is pleasure, and as much as I’d love to talk about my sex life, my mum is definitely reading this (Hi Mum! We need to debrief on the new episode of How To Get Away With Murder). So instead, I decided to talk about what brings me joy. Do you know what brings me joy? Being on the VUWSA executive.

What I have learned on the VUWSA exec this year:

• Nathaniel has some of the best shirts in existence.
  • It’s possible to travel across the whole office on a rolling chair.
  • A pencil skirt works wonders with a VUWSA shirt.
  • How to put up the VUWSA marquee. To the wonderful passersby who spotted me struggling putting it up, I still appreciate you!
  • That people are actually on campus at 7:30am.

Jokes aside, being on the executive is an amazing experience. When elections come around if you’ve ever thought about standing I encourage you to do so. The hours are long and it can be hard, but nothing is more rewarding. The people that you meet through this role are the best. The things I have done with VUWSA will be stories that I will tell for years to come.

In this role I’ve talked to so many students about their lives, helped run an amazing O-Week, and got to help out with events like the free flu shots in the hub. It has been so rewarding.

As for what I’m up to now, look out for the VUWSA local body campaign. A student-friendly city is so important to me—as is this election. Get involved!