Weldon leaves, no one cares.

Mark Weldon has resigned as CEO of MediaWorks NZ to the dismay of no one.

In an official statement Weldon cited the “personal cost” of the role as his reason for leaving. Many have speculated his decision was due to an internal mutiny brought to its apex by Hillary Barry’s resignation a week earlier.

This seems likely given the shots of Barry and fellow rebel leader Mike McRoberts carrying alcohol into the Mediaworks headquarters the night of Weldon’s resignation.

Weldon’s failures included ending everyone’s favourite (and NZ’s only legitimate) investigative news programme Campbell Live, culling 3D and Nightline, and the rebranding of 3News to Newshub.

Weldon introduced gossip website Scout whose director Rachel Glucina seemed to be the only one sad about his exit, referring to him as a “visionary, and inspiring leader.”

Prior to his resignation, Weldon announced channel FOUR would become Bravo, a reality TV station featuring six versions of The Real Housewives… aimed predominantly at “an older female audience.”

Visionary indeed.

MediaWorks is currently searching for a new CEO on Student Job Search.

1. Token Cripple: You’re totally messing with my cripple aura, dood.
  2. You Are Not Your Illness
  3. Let Me at The Bachelor, and Other Shit Chat
  4. Lost in the Sauce – Avo-no you didn’t
  5. Mauri Ora – Winter’s Comin’
  6. Token Cripple – How To Survive Your First Year at University (with a disabled twist!)
  7. Dream Diagnosis – Fire in Wellington
  8. Liquid Knowledge – Animal farts and performative veganism
  10. Uni Council Corner

He Tāonga

:   I wanted to write this piece, in order to connect to all tauira within the University, with the hope that we can all remind ourselves that we are a part of an environment which is valuable, no matter our culture, our beliefs or our skin colour. The ultimate purpose of this