People noticed Re-OWeek this year

The first week of trimester saw VUWSA’s usually lacklustre Re-OWeek generate more hype than usual, with events being well received by students across all year levels.

Events included a movie night, comedy gig, speed dating, and shows by the Drax Project and Yoko-Zuna.

VUWSA Engagement Vice President Nathaniel Mannings described Re-OWeek as “a huge success.”

“We aimed to provide a diverse event line-up, catering to a variety of student interests.”

He was particularly surprised by the success of speed dating, adding that he “spotted some people who seemed to hit it off, and even left tables early,” and he had “never thought matchmaking could be added to the list of VUWSA services.”

The success of Re-OWeek comes in the wake of an exec meeting in which Treasurer George Grainger suggested VUWSA buy the naming rights of ‘OWeek’ to make clear to students that their events are in no way affiliated with their main competition, The Establishment.  

The Establishment’s lineup saw a UV glow party in collaboration with ZM, a onsie party, and NZ’s number one fucboi (DJ?) Max Key hit the decks.

First year student Eva said she enjoyed all of the events, but added, “it would be fantastic if there was this much stuff on every week.”

VUWSA, take note.

1