Really good cheats or inefficient examiners?

Statistics have emerged from an Official Information Act request into the volume of students caught cheating in university exams across New Zealand.

In 2015 AUT took the top place with 24 cheaters, followed closely by Lincoln at 21, Auckland at 14, and Massey at 11.

Victoria sits alongside Otago University with just five people caught cheating.

Waikato were also pretty good, with just six cheaters being busted across the last three years (although they would not release a yearly breakdown).

The most common method of cheating is sneaking notes into an exam on paper, equipment, or sometimes student’s own body.

Students have also been caught stashing notes in the bathrooms to check during the exam (Your guess is as good as mine re: how they were caught).

When asked whether Victoria’s low cheating rates were a positive or negative thing, Vice-Provost Allison Kirkman said “comparing the numbers between universities depends entirely on their methods of recording breaches of their rules, so we cannot comment on what is behind Victoria’s low number of students caught cheating.”

Victoria University seems to be (mostly) breeding non-cheating students, but perhaps we are just better at getting away with it.

1. Freedom of Speech
  2. Dark Objects
  3. Better Living (Wage) Everyone
  5. A Mental Health Crisis Among NZ University Students?
  6. Women in Action
  7. Disenchanted Prophets — Matakite Matekiri
  8. Super Science Trends
  9. VIC UFO
badgirl

NOTE TO SELF: HOW TO WIN AT THE ART GAME AND STAY IN YOUR LANE

: - SPONSORED - Written by NZ’s #1 art world bad girl   The art world is a game. It is a game Have you trained? Are you ready to run the race? Do you own New Balances or Nike Frees? You have to be comfortable, because it’ll take decades to run the race and get [&hellip