Bargain town dresses no more

The sudden closing down of Valley Girl and Temt stores across the country has left 160 employees jobless.

The business was put into voluntary administration on July 22, and on August 1 receivers were sent to stores to close doors immediately.

Valley Girl Northlands store manager Angelique van Zuylen said she knew something was wrong when the store stopped receiving stock.

“Head office told staff members stock was stuck at customs and would be arriving soon, but it never did,” she says.

On top of the redundancies, most staff members have also not been paid for over a month. van Zuylen hasn’t been paid in more than four weeks now, and says she’s feeling “very stressed about the situation.”

“I feel for the staff that have children to feed and will be even worse off,” she adds.

One of two receivers, Conor McElhinney, says he “felt for the employees who are owed considerable sums of money.”

It is still unknown how much money the business owes its creditors, but it is believed the downfall may have emerged from failures in the Australian branches of the company—Paper Scissors and Chicabooti.

1. Larger Than Life — Chris Rex Martin & Tainui Tukiwaho
  2. Manaia — Atamira Dance Company
  3. Philosoraptor
  4. The Basement Tapes
  5. Three Days in the Country
  6. Wonder Woman (2017)
  7. The 2017 Budget — what it means for students
  8. Interview with Gareth Morgan
  9. The Bubble
  10. The battle you never asked for: Chasing Liberty vs. First Daughter

Go Watch TV: Rick and Morty and Secular Humanism

: - SPONSORED - Writers and critics have praised Rick and Morty for its sharp character writing and absurdist take on sci-fi tropes, and I count myself in that number. But there is a mounting backlash against it that I can’t help but pick a bone with. On one of the many, many pop