Lincoln Uni is Falling Apart

Lincoln University’s Deputy Vice Chancellor, Māori and Communities, Dr Charlotte Severne has resigned from her position after just six months.

This comes after four other deputy vice chancellors have resigned from the university this year.

While Dr Severne did not comment on the matter, sources from the New Zealand Herald state she “could not get anything done” in her role.

When asked on the matter earlier this year, Vice Chancellor Robin Pollard said the previous resignations had not surprised him, as managers in senior positions had been under great stress.

“There was the Christchurch earthquakes, the university has had poor finances for some years, and there’s been a lack in internal investment—the departure of the former Vice Chancellor shook everybody.”

After receiving a $220,000 report from Ernst & Young detailing their options, Lincoln University is now considering its future.

Details of the report will remain classified until the university and the Tertiary Education Commission thoroughly consider its details.

Cindy Doull, Tertiary Education Union organiser, says a possible merger with another university was one possible option. While she believes mergers were sometimes positive, she remained skeptical on the idea.

“It may make financial sense but sometimes merging doesn’t work when there are two distinct cultures.”

1. Larger Than Life — Chris Rex Martin & Tainui Tukiwaho
  2. Manaia — Atamira Dance Company
  3. Philosoraptor
  4. The Basement Tapes
  5. Three Days in the Country
  6. Wonder Woman (2017)
  7. The 2017 Budget — what it means for students
  8. Interview with Gareth Morgan
  9. The Bubble
  10. The battle you never asked for: Chasing Liberty vs. First Daughter

Go Watch TV: Rick and Morty and Secular Humanism

: - SPONSORED - Writers and critics have praised Rick and Morty for its sharp character writing and absurdist take on sci-fi tropes, and I count myself in that number. But there is a mounting backlash against it that I can’t help but pick a bone with. On one of the many, many pop