August 14, 2016 | by  | in Visual Arts |

Ten things about me

faith

1. ‘When you’re the absolute best, you get hated on the most.’
  2. ‘My goal, if I was going to do art, fine art, would have been to become Picasso or greater… That always sounds so funny to people, comparing yourself to someone who has done so much, and that’s a mentality that suppresses humanity…’
  3. ‘One of my biggest achilles heels has been my ego. And if I, Faith Wilson, can remove my ego, I think there’s hope for everyone.’
  4. ‘I am God’s vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.’
  5. ‘I will go down as the voice of this generation, of this decade, I will be the loudest voice.’
  6. ‘I feel like I’m too busy writing history to read it.’
  7. ‘I’m doing pretty good as far as geniuses go… I’m like a machine. I’m a robot. You cannot offend a robot.’
  8. ‘The Bible had 20, 30, 40, 50 characters in it. You don’t think that I would be one of the characters of today’s modern Bible?’
  9. ‘I am so credible and so influential and so relevant that I will change things.’
  10. ‘I jog in Lanvin.’

1. You Are Not Your Illness
  2. Let Me at The Bachelor, and Other Shit Chat
  3. Lost in the Sauce – Avo-no you didn’t
  4. Mauri Ora – Winter’s Comin’
  5. Token Cripple – How To Survive Your First Year at University (with a disabled twist!)
  6. Dream Diagnosis – Fire in Wellington
  7. Liquid Knowledge – Animal farts and performative veganism
  9. Uni Council Corner
  10. Dylan Horrocks gets new job

He Tāonga

:   I wanted to write this piece, in order to connect to all tauira within the University, with the hope that we can all remind ourselves that we are a part of an environment which is valuable, no matter our culture, our beliefs or our skin colour. The ultimate purpose of this