Lincoln University on life support

Lincoln University’s fate is looking increasingly dire, with the Vice-Chancellor, Professor Robin Pollard, telling staff on August 8 that they had one year to “get a surplus or we are dead.”

Pollard later said the statement was made out of context, and that the university needed to “transform” to be “financially viable” and “flourish into the future.”

The Tertiary Education Union (TEU) has criticised Pollard for his lack of response to concerned Lincoln University staff, with Lincoln’s TEU representative, Cindy Doull, saying he is not responding to staff emails and letters asking for clarification of his comments.

Doull says Pollard’s statement has caused “a significant increase of anxiety levels” for staff and that the whole situation is a “nightmare.”

Pollard’s statement comes at a time of crisis for Lincoln University, with five deputy vice-chancellors having already resigned, and the university recording a net loss of $6 million over the last financial last year.

They are also still in the process of rebuilding campus facilities after the 2010 earthquake.

The university has already announced they will be cutting “unpopular” programs in order to save money this year, but the financial pressure still remains.

1. Freedom of Speech
  2. Dark Objects
  3. Better Living (Wage) Everyone
  5. A Mental Health Crisis Among NZ University Students?
  6. Women in Action
  7. Disenchanted Prophets — Matakite Matekiri
  8. Super Science Trends
  9. VIC UFO
badgirl

NOTE TO SELF: HOW TO WIN AT THE ART GAME AND STAY IN YOUR LANE

: - SPONSORED - Written by NZ’s #1 art world bad girl   The art world is a game. It is a game Have you trained? Are you ready to run the race? Do you own New Balances or Nike Frees? You have to be comfortable, because it’ll take decades to run the race and get [&hellip