Now you can scab free wi-fi at Uncle John’s house

Parliament will be launching a service that will allow the public to use free wifi inside parliament, as part of an initiative to make parliament more welcoming and accessible to visitors.  

Claire Curran, MP and chair of the parliamentary cross party committee for ICT, is responsible for the launch of the service and said that “this is another step forward in making parliament more accessible to the public.”

The service will be available in all publicly accessible areas of parliament where use of mobile devices are permitted, and in future will also be extended to cover parliament grounds.

Chief Information Officer for the Parliamentary Service, Michael Middlemiss, who is responsible for the implementation of the network said there would be no content restrictions on the network.  

Victoria University Law and Commerce students fed up with the university’s filtering of “objectionable websites” can now walk across the road and enjoy such websites in the public gallery, gift shop, and other such parliamentary hotspots.