September 25, 2016 | by  | in News Splash |

Ror-ing Success

VUWSA’s 2017 President will be Rory Lenihan-Ikin, who won with 1901 votes to the next closest candidate Jacinta Gulasekharam’s 1255 votes.

The 2017 VUWSA Executive were also announced.

Former Wellbeing and Sustainability Officer Anya Maule will be next year’s Welfare Vice President, with 2938 votes.

Isabella Lenihan-Ikin won the role of Academic Vice President with 2173 votes.

Engagement Vice President went to Nathaniel Manning for another year in the position, a close win, with 1606 votes to Tom Rackley’s 1429.

Treasurer-Secretary went to current Treasurer-Secretary George Grainger, with 2973 votes.

Raven Maeder was announced as Campaigns Officer, the Clubs and Activities Officer will be Marlon Drake, Education Officer will be Lauren Daroux Grieg,  Equity Officer will be Tamatha Paul, and Wellbeing and Sustainability Officer will be Beth Paterson.  

The Student Representatives on the Student Media Committee will be Zac Klavs and Robbie Coutts. Despite running for multiple positions Dayle Vavasour was not successful.

“To everyone that supported my campaign I couldn’t have done it without you. It meant the world to me and this is as much your win as mine,” Rory Lenihan-Ikin said. He told the crowd he is “looking forward to a fantastic 2017.”

1. A Tribe Called Queer
  2. Medical Anomalies: Trans and Intersex vs. Medicine
  3. chris††† — social justice whatever
  5. We Need New Words
  6. Things to see places to be
  7. Shock Over Proposed Job Cuts at University of Otago
  9. GENDER: THE DEATH AND REBIRTH
lets-seeeee

Let’s See How Far We’ve Come

: - SPONSORED - As Dani and I thought about what we’d like to see in this queer edition of Salient, we reflected on the state of UniQ as it stands right now, both at Victoria University and throughout the country. As we come to the end of our time as co-presidents for 2017 we con