September 4, 2016 | by  | in VUWSA |

VUWSA Exec

This is a public service announcement from your Wellbeing and Sustainability Officer:

As a keen environmentalist, I’m aware that environmentalism comes in all sizes. But I’ve always been a proponent of small things that can be done on a daily basis, from hanging out your washing instead of using the dryer, or taking a reusable coffee cup. For me, it’s about lessening our environmental impacts, but saving a few (or more) dollars is always a bonus.

And if you’re anything like me, the sight of properly separated recycling and waste gets me a bit giddy (okay, maybe it’s better if you’re not like me…). Moving from Auckland, where rubbish and recycling is separated into wheelie bins, to Wellington, where few properties even have accessibility for such bins, it took some getting used to the bag system, what goes into each bag, and the fact you have to pay for them!  

However we’ve collaborated with Victoria University and the Wellington City Council to bring you discounted rubbish bags, free recycling bags (for the ‘burbs’), along with a handy pamphlet (printed on 100% recycled paper—yeah, baby!), outlining what can and can’t go in each bag.  

Pop into the VUWSA office at the Kelburn and Pipitea campuses from this week with your student ID. Let them know which area you live in, and get your rubbish bags at half the cost from anywhere else. We sell single bags or packs of five. Just so it’s fair for other students, we ask you only purchase a minimum of five per visit. Happy recycling!

1. Freedom of Speech
  2. Dark Objects
  3. Better Living (Wage) Everyone
  5. A Mental Health Crisis Among NZ University Students?
  6. Women in Action
  7. Disenchanted Prophets — Matakite Matekiri
  8. Super Science Trends
  9. VIC UFO
badgirl

NOTE TO SELF: HOW TO WIN AT THE ART GAME AND STAY IN YOUR LANE

: - SPONSORED - Written by NZ’s #1 art world bad girl   The art world is a game. It is a game Have you trained? Are you ready to run the race? Do you own New Balances or Nike Frees? You have to be comfortable, because it’ll take decades to run the race and get [&hellip