Aunty Helen unsuccessful

Head of the United Nations Development Program Helen Clark has been unsuccessful in her bid to be the next Secretary General of the United Nations (UN).

The UN Security Council unanimously voted for former Portuguese prime minister Antonio Guterres.

Clark received eight ‘discourage’ votes, six ‘encourage’ votes, and one ‘no opinion’. Three vetoes were used against her by members of the Security Council’s five permanent members.

Guterres received 13 ‘encourage’ votes and two ‘no opinions’ from the 15 members of the UN Security Council, putting him ahead of all other candidates.

Clark released a statement shortly after saying “Antonio has the knowledge and experience to lead the United Nations well, and I wish him every success.”

She added that she “deeply appreciate[d] the full support I have had throughout my campaign.”

Guterres served as Prime Minister of Portugal from 1995-2002. Following that he became a member of the Club of Madrid, a non-profit organisation made up of former prime ministers and presidents who work to promote democracy and change in the international community.  

Clark’s previously active Snapchat ‘Helen4SG’ has not been updated since the announcement.

1. Freedom of Speech
  2. Dark Objects
  3. Better Living (Wage) Everyone
  5. A Mental Health Crisis Among NZ University Students?
  6. Women in Action
  7. Disenchanted Prophets — Matakite Matekiri
  8. Super Science Trends
  9. VIC UFO
badgirl

NOTE TO SELF: HOW TO WIN AT THE ART GAME AND STAY IN YOUR LANE

: - SPONSORED - Written by NZ’s #1 art world bad girl   The art world is a game. It is a game Have you trained? Are you ready to run the race? Do you own New Balances or Nike Frees? You have to be comfortable, because it’ll take decades to run the race and get [&hellip