Vic Uni really good at researching and citing

Victoria University has seen a “considerable increase” in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings (THE) for research and citations of research produced by academic staff.

The university is now placed in the top two per cent of universities globally, sitting in the 451–500 top bracket.

This puts VUW third equal in New Zealand with the University of Canterbury, but still behind the University of Otago who ranked in the 201-250 slot and the University of Auckland who ranked 165th.

THE calculates citation impact by evaluating how much the university’s research is pushing new boundaries, and how much this research is being disseminated and shared.

VUW ranked highly for “international outlook,” coming in at 65th. This ranking is evaluated by looking at how “rich and multicultural” a campus is, how successful the university is in attracting international students and faculty, and how much they collaborate globally to produce good research.

Other fun facts from THE research include: VUW’s student to staff ratio is 21:1, the ratio of female to male students is 55:45, 21 per cent of students are international, and there are 17,142 students at VUW in total.

1. Cuttin’ it with with Miss June