October 2, 2016 | by  | in VUWSA |

VUWSA Exec

Kia ora everyone!

Is your voting paper still sitting on your bench waiting for you to fill it out? I encourage you to grab it now, sit down with a cuppa, and make sure you have your say. 

We have the power to stand together and push for a student-friendly Wellington where we can thrive and are actually valued in this city.

If you’re not sure who to vote for, check out these websites:
For a breakdown of which candidates support making Wellington student friendly, see our Student Friendly Wellington website: studentfriendlywellington.nz

If you want to get an idea of how you align with candidates on a broader range of issues, the Design+Democracy project at Massey University has designed a neat tool that can help: votelocal.nz

Where to post it?

The free-post envelope in your voting packs means you don’t need to buy a stamp to send it away. If you are at Kelburn drop it in the post box at Vic Books, otherwise find a box somewhere convenient. Drop it off by October 5 at the latest!

Voting papers haven’t arrived in the mail?

You’ll need to call the Wellington City Council, or go down to their offices on Wakefield St to fill out what’s called a “special vote” so that they can verify your details. You can do this until October 8 (this Saturday).

Nga mihi nui!

1. A Tribe Called Queer
  2. Medical Anomalies: Trans and Intersex vs. Medicine
  3. chris††† — social justice whatever
  5. We Need New Words
  6. Things to see places to be
  7. Shock Over Proposed Job Cuts at University of Otago
  9. GENDER: THE DEATH AND REBIRTH
lets-seeeee

Let’s See How Far We’ve Come

: - SPONSORED - As Dani and I thought about what we’d like to see in this queer edition of Salient, we reflected on the state of UniQ as it stands right now, both at Victoria University and throughout the country. As we come to the end of our time as co-presidents for 2017 we con