You can study longer, YAY

Victoria University is in the final stages of approving extended library hours across all three campuses.

The current plan is to open all libraries from 8am to 12am, Monday to Friday, and from 10am to 10pm on weekends. The university are aiming to have the changes implemented by the third trimester.

VUWSA President Jonathan Gee says “VUWSA has pushed for extended library hours for a long time and it’s great that this is finally happening.”

“Students just want to have a quiet space to study and this proposal will make that happen. If implemented, this will be a great win for students and will contribute immensely to their academic experience.”

The idea of extending library hours was first floated earlier this year. It was discussed in Library and Information Services Committee meetings prior to being put before the Academic Board.

Finer details around whether or not students will be allowed access to libraries on different campuses, as well as issues regarding security, access to services, and staff availability, are yet to be confirmed.

Gee and University Librarian Janet Fletcher are currently working together to ensure that this change is as smooth as possible for students.

1. In NZ.
  2. The Party Line ~ Issue 04
  3. Mental Health Wānanga Celebrates Work, Looks to the Future
  4. Sustainability on Salamanca: VUW working on environmental impact
  5. Basin Reserve Vigil: Wellington Stands with Mosque Attack Victims
  6. Mosque Terror Attacks: The Government Responds
  7. Issue 04 ~ Peace
  8. Law School Apparently Not Good at Following Rules
  9. Wellington Central Library closed indefinitely
  10. School Climate Strike Draws Thousands

In NZ.

: When my mother gave me my name, it was a name she couldn’t pronounce. The harsh accents of the Arabic language eluded the Pākehā tongue. Growing up, I always felt more comfortable introducing myself as she knew me—Mah-dee or Ma-ha-dee—just about anything that made me feel