You can study longer, YAY

Victoria University is in the final stages of approving extended library hours across all three campuses.

The current plan is to open all libraries from 8am to 12am, Monday to Friday, and from 10am to 10pm on weekends. The university are aiming to have the changes implemented by the third trimester.

VUWSA President Jonathan Gee says “VUWSA has pushed for extended library hours for a long time and it’s great that this is finally happening.”

“Students just want to have a quiet space to study and this proposal will make that happen. If implemented, this will be a great win for students and will contribute immensely to their academic experience.”

The idea of extending library hours was first floated earlier this year. It was discussed in Library and Information Services Committee meetings prior to being put before the Academic Board.

Finer details around whether or not students will be allowed access to libraries on different campuses, as well as issues regarding security, access to services, and staff availability, are yet to be confirmed.

Gee and University Librarian Janet Fletcher are currently working together to ensure that this change is as smooth as possible for students.

1. Interview with Katie Bruce
  2. Summertime Sadness: An Ode to a Short-Lasting Summer
  3. For Teresia
  4. Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Season One
  5. Hit and Run
  6. what an idiot
  7. Shakti Refuge Refused Funding
  8. VIC UFO
Salient (4)

Summertime Sadness: An Ode to a Short-Lasting Summer

: - SPONSORED - As the Wellington’s annual premature cold kicks in, the hashtag tbt increases sevenfold and we all begin to get moody at the thought of the imminent mould sure to resurface in the coming months. I was fortunate enough to grab at least a week of sunshine and happin