You can study longer, YAY

Victoria University is in the final stages of approving extended library hours across all three campuses.

The current plan is to open all libraries from 8am to 12am, Monday to Friday, and from 10am to 10pm on weekends. The university are aiming to have the changes implemented by the third trimester.

VUWSA President Jonathan Gee says “VUWSA has pushed for extended library hours for a long time and it’s great that this is finally happening.”

“Students just want to have a quiet space to study and this proposal will make that happen. If implemented, this will be a great win for students and will contribute immensely to their academic experience.”

The idea of extending library hours was first floated earlier this year. It was discussed in Library and Information Services Committee meetings prior to being put before the Academic Board.

Finer details around whether or not students will be allowed access to libraries on different campuses, as well as issues regarding security, access to services, and staff availability, are yet to be confirmed.

Gee and University Librarian Janet Fletcher are currently working together to ensure that this change is as smooth as possible for students.

1. Raw Collective, Jinz Moss, and Makeshift Movements
  2. Podcast: Interview with Get Your Hands Off My Dogcast
  4. Euthanasia Case Before the Courts
  5. We Can’t Take It for Granted: Academic Freedom in Hungary
  6. Free West Papua
  7. Pressured Lecturers, Cheating Students
  8. National Sexual Health Helpline Underway
  9. Tinder Surprise
  10. Populist Reaction Unlikely

Coffee Thoughts

: - SPONSORED - According to the NZ History website, “Wellington’s café culture is today an integral part of its identity as a city.” It’s true, everyone in this city seems to love coffee and we have an ample amount of cafes to keep the love brewing. I have been aware of t