February 26, 2017 | by  | in Ngāi Tauira |

Ngāi Tauira

Tēnā tātou, nau mai ki tēnei tau hou. I tēnei wā, kua mutu ngā hararei, me te wā ki te noho ki te taha o tō mātou whānau. Heoi anō, kei te hoki mai tātou ngā tauira o te motu, ki te Whare Wānanga o te Ūpoko o te Ika a Māui.

Kia ora everyone! To all our tauira starting their first year, welcome. To all those returning, welcome back. This is the new executive for Ngāi Tauira, your Māori Students’ Association, signing in for a new year of events, study sessions, and fresh hot banter. Ngāi Tauira sat down to plan out Orientation and the rest of 2017. Here’s a few things to look forward to:

Pōhiri and Kai:

On February 28, the place to be is the Pōhiri at Te Herenga Waka Marae. Bring your whānau, and meet your new whānau. There will be kai, and a chance to meet other students from around Aotearoa. Assemble at the waharoa across the road from Vic Books on Kelburn Campus at 10am.

Study Wānanga:

Held throughout the year. If you study well with others, these are opportunities to motivate yourself to finish off your assignments with others who are in the same waka.

Whānau Events:

Throughout the year we will be hosting whānau events to meet and bond with other Māori students at university. In the past we have had paintball, bowling, bubble soccer, and He Mātārere (Ngāi Tauira Ball). Keep an eye out!

Ngā Hākinakina:

If you think you have the athletic prowess of your great tīpuna, get in touch with Shaq Milner, Nohorua Parata, or anyone else on the executive. We have teams entered in competitions at the Recreation Centre weekly.

Make sure to like Ngāi Tauira Facebook page, follow us on Instagram (@ngaitauira_vuw), and add us on Snapchat (ngai_tauira) to stay up to date.

Ngā mihi whānau.

1. Your silent cries left unheard
  2. How it Works: On the Climate Change Response (Zero Carbon) Amendment Bill
  3. Is Vic Books Missing Out on the Living Wage Campaign?
  4. Jesus Christ Super-Nah, Saviour’s New Political Party May Need Miracle
  5. Issue 12 – Friendship
  6. SWAT: Friendship Column
  7. Inevitable Entanglement
  8. HOROSCOPE WEEK OF JUNE 3: FRIENDSHIP
  9. Liquid Knowledge: On Israel and Palestine
  10. An Ode to the Aunties