February 26, 2017 | by  | in One Ocean |

One Ocean

Ni sa bula Vinaka! Malo e lelei! Gud de tru olgeta! Talofa! Kia orana! Fakalofa lahi atu! Kia ora tatou!  

Congratulations to all new and returning Pasifika students on their acceptance to Victoria University. Over the course of this year you may encounter various struggles in adjusting to the university life, which can be rather discouraging but this is to be expected.

Your Pasifika Students’ Council (PSC) are here to ensure that this transition within your academic lives are dealt with smoothly. We make sure that all the best services promised by VUW are available to Pasifika students. We organise events to make sure that your interests in your studies are kept in check. Your voice as a Pasifika student is important and we will represent your interests. We oversee many Pasifika cultural associations which are a great opportunity for you to take part in to develop a sense of identity and to reconnect with your own or another culture.

The PSC exists primarily to serve its members so please do not hesitate to contact us via email (pasifikavuw@outlook.com) or follow us on Facebook (Pasifika Student Council 2017), Instagram (@psc.2017), and Snapchat (psc.2017) to stay up to date on all the events happening around university. We would also love to meet you so come by the Pasifika Haos (15 Mount Street, the bottom of that steep hill by the Student Union Building) and use the study rooms and other resources made available to you.

Meet your council:

President: Sina Ah Sam; Secretary: Annetta Iakopo; V/Secretary: Ali Leota; Treasurer: Atireta Leupena, V/Treasurer: Lepau Feau; Academic Officer: Anaseini Nuku; V/Academic Officer: Totisa Tomane; Public Relations Officer: Zach Fonoti.

All the best for this year and we look forward to seeing you all around university.

Fa’afetai lava, Meitaki, Malo ‘aupito, Fakafetai lasi, Vinaka, Tanikiu tumas.

1. Summertime Sadness: An Ode to a Short-Lasting Summer
  2. For Teresia
  3. Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Season One
  4. Hit and Run
  5. what an idiot
  6. Shakti Refuge Refused Funding
  7. VIC UFO
  10. GIG GUIDE
Salient (4)

Summertime Sadness: An Ode to a Short-Lasting Summer

: - SPONSORED - As the Wellington’s annual premature cold kicks in, the hashtag tbt increases sevenfold and we all begin to get moody at the thought of the imminent mould sure to resurface in the coming months. I was fortunate enough to grab at least a week of sunshine and happin