February 26, 2017 | by  | in V-ISA |

V-ISA

A warm welcome to Victoria University of Wellington!

VUWSA-International Students’ Association (V-ISA for short, and no we do not issue visas) is the representative group of all international students at Victoria.

V-ISA has two main areas of focus:

The first is to speak on issues affecting international students at Victoria University. In 2016, V-ISA actively advocated against the international student fees hike as well as on the inaccessibility and unavailability of scholarships for international students at VUW. After months of conducting research and campaigns, last September V-ISA presented an oral submission on these issues to the University Council. As a result, the university has recognised V-ISA as the representative of all international students and will work with V-ISA in regards to international student issues.

Secondly, V-ISA provides various social events to foster a community spirit amongst international students and to better integrate them into the Wellington community. Through events such as the Amazing Race, international students are provided with unique opportunities for exploring Wellington by having to interact with locals to familiarise themselves with the city and have fun while doing so. In September, we have International Week to celebrate the diverse cultures of international students studying at Victoria.

While V-ISA is targeted at international students, we welcome all students who have an interest in international student issues or who would simply like to make friends with students from various parts of the world.

If you have any questions, problems, ideas, or concerns, don’t hesitate to send an email to vuwvisa@gmail.com. Also like our Facebook page and follow us on Instagram, @vuwvisa, for regular updates. Have a great O-Week everyone!

1. Raw Collective, Jinz Moss, and Makeshift Movements
  2. Podcast: Interview with Get Your Hands Off My Dogcast
  4. Euthanasia Case Before the Courts
  5. We Can’t Take It for Granted: Academic Freedom in Hungary
  6. Free West Papua
  7. Pressured Lecturers, Cheating Students
  8. National Sexual Health Helpline Underway
  9. Tinder Surprise
  10. Populist Reaction Unlikely

Coffee Thoughts

: - SPONSORED - According to the NZ History website, “Wellington’s café culture is today an integral part of its identity as a city.” It’s true, everyone in this city seems to love coffee and we have an ample amount of cafes to keep the love brewing. I have been aware of t