March 3, 2017 | by  | in The Queer Agenda |

The Queer Agenda

Last week, we gave a rundown of everything that is par for the course for UniQ during the year — UniQ 101 so to speak. This week, we can finally announce what out-of-the-ordinary (sort of like us) start-of-year activities we have in store for the rest of the month.

Keep an eye out for us at Clubs Week. We’ll be loud, proud, and hardly difficult to find — just look for the flags. If you’re not the Facebook type and would rather keep up with our goings-on via email, this is the ideal time to sign up for our mailing list as well.

On Friday 10, this week, we kick off our monthly movie nights with 2014 film Pride. It has laughter, tears, AND a happy ending — a requirement for films we screen. Catch it at 6pm in Cotton 119. We’ll bring the snacks!

Next up is our very own Vicnic! Weather permitting, we’re going to set up shop in the Tim Beaglehole Courtyard on March 15. From 11am–1pm, come enjoy some catering and conversation.

On March 17 our lunch spaces start. Every Friday from 1pm–3pm in SU218 we alternate between casual afternoons of board games and structured discussions on topics relevant to the rainbow community. These will continue for the rest of the year.

The following Tuesday (March 21) marks the relaunch of our Gender Club space. It’s a study space, quiet safe space, and lowkey discussion space dedicated to (but not exclusively for) our trans, nonbinary and/or gender nonconforming whānau.

Finally, our IGM is going to be held on March 31. Come have a peek behind the curtain and see how we run things in SU218 from 6pm. We’re always welcoming to people wanting to get involved.

As usual, keep an eye on our Facebook page for reminders of each individual event as it comes up, so it’s really easy to get stuck in with the rainbow community at Vic.

Nau mai, haere mai. Come say hi!

1. Summertime Sadness: An Ode to a Short-Lasting Summer
  2. For Teresia
  3. Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Season One
  4. Hit and Run
  5. what an idiot
  6. Shakti Refuge Refused Funding
  7. VIC UFO
  10. GIG GUIDE
Salient (4)

Summertime Sadness: An Ode to a Short-Lasting Summer

: - SPONSORED - As the Wellington’s annual premature cold kicks in, the hashtag tbt increases sevenfold and we all begin to get moody at the thought of the imminent mould sure to resurface in the coming months. I was fortunate enough to grab at least a week of sunshine and happin