March 3, 2017 | by  | in Politics |

The Trump Front

Welcome to your second edition of the not-good, very-bad, extremely-scary Week in American Politics. The two biggest pieces of news in the Trump-osphere this week are as follows:

1. If you hadn’t already guessed it, Trump doesn’t have any real fondness for those he deems to be “fake news outlets,” primarily the New York Times and CNN (as exemplified in various tweets over the past ten months — for example, Feb 24: “FAKE NEWS media knowingly doesn’t tell the truth. A great danger to our country. The failing @nytimes has become a joke. Likewise @CNN. Sad!”)

So, in an unprecedented move, CNN, the New York Times, and other “leftie” news networks such as Politico, the Los Angeles Times, the Guardian, and Buzzfeed (why Buzzfeed was actually even invited I have no idea) were straight up B A N N E D from attending a non-televised briefing on February 24 at the White House. The White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer (better known as, and played much more convincingly by, Melissa McCarthy), stated that these news organisations were blocked simply because “the pool was already represented without them.”

2. Trump also decided to amp up his inner terrible-human-being-ness, repealing federal protections put in place by the Obama administration that allowed for transgender students to use bathrooms and locker rooms matching their gender identities. Even Caitlyn Jenner, a transgender woman who was one of the very few “Hollywood celebs” to attend Trump-o’s inauguration, heavily criticised the decision and stated that “this is a disaster.” You’re only JUST getting that now @Caitlyn_Jenner???

I would say “look forward to seeing you next week”, but god knows what we have in store for us in the next seven days.

1