March 13, 2017 | by  | in Politics |

The Trump Front

The dramatic happenings of Trump flew in thick and fast in the past seven days.

The week (surprisingly) started out on a positive note, when Trump-o gave his first address to Congress on March 1. Trump appeared PRESIDENTIAL, *shock*, as he spoke of “delivering a message of unity and strength” to the American people. Although he (unsurprisingly) continues to holler and howl about the apparent-forthcoming Mexican border wall, and the detrimental effects of Obamacare, Trumpster pointedly didn’t mention those troublesome mainstream media outlets, or publicly insult another Hollywood actor. Things, however, took a turn for the worse only three days later.

On March 4, at approximately 3:49am, Trumpy began his daily Twitter-fest and unleashed a tirade at ex-president Obama, accusing him of “wiretapping Trump Tower” prior to the election. Trump dubbed this to be as bad as “Nixon/Watergate”, and called Obama a “Bad (or sick) guy!” Now, these accusations would be all very well and good if there was any proof. But Trump is yet to offer any evidence, and presidential-wannabe Marco Rubio stated that he had “no insight into exactly what [Trump] was referring to.” And I mean, c’mon. Baz had better things to do in October (most notably — run the bloody country) than listen to Trump-o ramble on about what coloured hat he was going to wear at his next rally.

Finally, Trump-o’s new-but-not-really-that-improved travel ban was signed as an executive order on March 6. This second attempt to ban immigration from Muslim-majority countries will reportedly come into play on March 16, but with Iraq removed from the list. Although new changes include exempting citizens from these six banned countries who hold US visas, or are US residents, everything’s not fine and dandy.

1. Raw Collective, Jinz Moss, and Makeshift Movements
  2. Podcast: Interview with Get Your Hands Off My Dogcast
  4. Euthanasia Case Before the Courts
  5. We Can’t Take It for Granted: Academic Freedom in Hungary
  6. Free West Papua
  7. Pressured Lecturers, Cheating Students
  8. National Sexual Health Helpline Underway
  9. Tinder Surprise
  10. Populist Reaction Unlikely

Coffee Thoughts

: - SPONSORED - According to the NZ History website, “Wellington’s café culture is today an integral part of its identity as a city.” It’s true, everyone in this city seems to love coffee and we have an ample amount of cafes to keep the love brewing. I have been aware of t