March 20, 2017 | by  | in Politics |

The Trump Front

BIG news from ol’ U S A this week team — DJ Trump has successfully reached his 50th day as President. Did I think he’d make it? No way José. Did I potentially think that Trump-o would make it to office, figure out that being a big old President was way too rough, and try to opt out in week one? You bet I did. Nonetheless, here we are, over a month into his presidency, and we haven’t been blown up by any rogue American missiles! I don’t know about you guys, but I’d call that a fricken success.  

Following International Women’s Day on March 8, our pal Don decided to pay tribute to all the gals in his life, and sent out a classic, exclamation mark filled, tweet: “I have tremendous respect for women and the many roles they serve that are vital to the fabric of our society and our economy!” So, in a fun and fresh twist, I thought it’d be a super fun time to put a spotlight on all those times where Trump-o perhaps DIDN’T show “tremendous respect” for some of the other women in his life.

Case One: May 7, 2013. Trump-o tweeted: “26,000 unreported sexual assaults in the military —  only 238 convictions. What did these geniuses expect when they put men and women together?” Hmmm. Perhaps don’t attempt to normalise rape culture @don.

Case Two: In a 1994 interview on ABC, Don-don was quoted saying that “[…] putting a wife to work is a very dangerous thing.” Um no thx! Hate to break it to ya old mate, but we do not in fact live in 1863 anymore, and women can successfully leave the house and have thriving careers without their father’s (or husband’s) permission.

Case Three: Literally every word he said about Hillary before, during, and after running against her for President (RIP Hils, we still rooting 4 ya). “Such a nasty woman” — October 20, 2016. “If Hillary Clinton can’t satisfy her husband, what makes her think she can satisfy America?” — retweeted on April 16, 2015.

Such fun! Wouldn’t it just be super cool to be a woman in the US right now, living with such a modernistic, equality-driven, socially-liberal dude as the singular leader of your country!