March 27, 2017 | by  | in Politics |

The Trump Front

Well, well, well, it has certainly been an exciting week in the life and times of old President Trumpster.

In a well publicised, high profile, and extremely awkward meeting with German Chancellor Angela Merkel, Trump-o was back to his old fuckboi tricks when he blatantly refused to shake Ange’s hand in the Oval Office. When Ange audibly says to her boy Trump “shall we shake hands?” Trump pulls out the absolutely claaaassic move used by teenagers across the world when their parents ask them to wash the dishes — he acts like he hasn’t heard a word she’s said, and continues to grimace menacingly at the gang of photographers.

Following this meeting, and the 5870 videos surfacing online of Trump-o rejecting Ange’s conventional and just straight up polite gesture, Don-Don sat down in his favourite armchair, got himself a cup of cocoa, booted up his 2004 HP laptop and began his daily session in the Twitter-sphere:

Despite what you have heard from the FAKE NEWS, I had a GREAT meeting with German Chancellor Angela Merkel. Nevertheless, Germany owes vast sums of money to NATO & the United States must be paid more for the powerful, and very expensive, defense it provides to Germany! — DJT, March 18, 2017.

Hmmmm, okay, so. Someone obviously needs to sit down with Trumpy and explain to him how the NATO alliance actually works. First off, nowhere in the alliance does it stipulate that countries must pay money directly to the US. In actual fact, members of NATO pledged in 2014 that they would increase their military spending to 2% of their GDP by 2024, which, as Trump-o would know if he checked his calendar every once in a while, is SEVEN YEARS AWAY.

The whole point of the fricken alliance is that the member states contribute (to the alliance, not to the big bully US) based on their own capabilities and capacity. Of course the US, whose military budget is bigger than every other countries’ budgets put together, contributes more $$$. The US also has a population of 300 million trigger happy, gun-slingin’ people, so Trumpster needs to check himself if he thinks that everyone around the world needs to be as obsessed with military spending and defence deployment as he and his Republican cronies are.

1. Larger Than Life — Chris Rex Martin & Tainui Tukiwaho
  2. Manaia — Atamira Dance Company
  3. Philosoraptor
  4. The Basement Tapes
  5. Three Days in the Country
  6. Wonder Woman (2017)
  7. The 2017 Budget — what it means for students
  8. Interview with Gareth Morgan
  9. The Bubble
  10. The battle you never asked for: Chasing Liberty vs. First Daughter

Go Watch TV: Rick and Morty and Secular Humanism

: - SPONSORED - Writers and critics have praised Rick and Morty for its sharp character writing and absurdist take on sci-fi tropes, and I count myself in that number. But there is a mounting backlash against it that I can’t help but pick a bone with. On one of the many, many pop