- SPONSORED -
Here are a few of the things said by my family when I told them I needed to write the Vic UFO column for Salient:
– Let me volunteer! I want to say something!
– That’s lame.
– Oh man, this is going to cause arguments…
– All I have to say is that feminism is really important in today’s society.
– Oh god, I read this article on Stuff about this guy whining about how he took paternity leave when his child was born and complained that his career was ruined because of it. Like, welcome to the real world of being a woman!
– Can your column be about how horrible clothes from the mid-2000s are?
– I love Jelly-Tip ice cream!
– There’s another article I read about a woman who didn’t take her husband’s name when they got married.
– That’s not a big deal, lots of women do that now, especially if they have a career.
– I’d never hyphenate… there wasn’t enough room on a cheque book form when we got married.
– I’m really enjoying watching Downton Abbey on Netflix again.
– At least Hillary had experience at being a politician.
– Hillary and Trump are just as bad as each other, they’re both awful people.
– But Bernie, while I agree with about 99% of what he says, would not have been able to do anything. He would have been in a headlock against Congress on any reform.
– Justin Trudeau is just Donald Trump with better hair.
– Does anyone remember that weird gangster ‘S’ that everyone used to do in primary school? Where did that even come from?
– Feminism is good as long as you’re not a jerk about it.
– Hey mum, when are you going to get your nails done?
– I love Meryl Streep.