April 3, 2017 | by  | in Music |

GIG GUIDE

Wednesday: Eyegum Wednesdays with Disparo and Starving Millions. Whet your appetite for Australian punk with a side of Wellington hardcore with this stunner of a gig. Head remaining squarely on shoulders not guaranteed. San Fran, 9:00pm.

Thursday and Friday: Nadia Reid Preservation Tour. Nadia Reid’s deliciously serene folk may just slip you into a trance so lovely and full that you are able to spend the entirety of the rest of your life delightedly soldiering through capitalism, the patriarchy, the prison industrial complex, casual racism, and other such pleasant institutions with vim and vigour. The beauty will unfold at Meow, doors opening at 7:30pm.

Friday: Tenzin Choegyal. This dude is wild. He was from a nomadic family in Tibet, clandestinely escaped Chinese occupation to live in India, and learned to masterfully play the Tibetan lute and transverse bamboo flute as well as sing like a sweet baby angel, and you get to experience all this transcendental magic live in little old Wellington! Johnny Marks of The All Seeing Hand is also doing a solo throat-singing set, and this will all occur on the alternate plane of what I believe to be called “Pyramid Club”. Time is an indeterminate social construct, and if your belief is potent enough, you can access this realm whenever you choose. For the plebs who still wear watches, it’s at 8:00pm.

Saturday: Dual EP release tour. Dual are dudes. They make sounds with buttons and wires and stuff. It’s psychedelic and nice, so you should probably go to Caroline at 8:00pm on Saturday.

1