Men might take some responsibility, for once in their lives

A breakthrough in male contraception has emerged from a university startup in rural India.

The procedure, which boasts 98% effectiveness, involves injecting a polymer gel into the testicles which damages sperm through a positive charge.

The procedure was invented by Sujoy Guha, a 76-year old Indian biomedical engineer. It is reversible and has no known side effects.

According to figures released by the United Nations, only 8% of women worldwide rely on their male partner using a condom for contraception. Guha sympathises with this, stating to a reporter, “why should the burden be borne by the female only? There has to be an equal partnership.”

There has been little interest from major pharmaceutical companies in funding the procedure. Herjan Coelingh Bennink, a gynecology professor who helped develop the contraceptives Implanon and Cerazette, blamed the gender makeup of these companies, saying “if those companies were run by women, it would be totally different.”

Guha licensed the technology to the Parsemus Foundation, a US-based nonprofit, to help establish a market outside India. He registered a startup, IcubedG Ideas Pvt., to pursue the technology domestically.

A recent study published by the University of Copenhagen confirmed the link between the contraceptive pill and depression, claiming that there was “a significant risk,” especially in teen users.

1. Token Cripple: You’re totally messing with my cripple aura, dood.
  2. You Are Not Your Illness
  3. Let Me at The Bachelor, and Other Shit Chat
  4. Lost in the Sauce – Avo-no you didn’t
  5. Mauri Ora – Winter’s Comin’
  6. Token Cripple – How To Survive Your First Year at University (with a disabled twist!)
  7. Dream Diagnosis – Fire in Wellington
  8. Liquid Knowledge – Animal farts and performative veganism
  10. Uni Council Corner

He Tāonga

:   I wanted to write this piece, in order to connect to all tauira within the University, with the hope that we can all remind ourselves that we are a part of an environment which is valuable, no matter our culture, our beliefs or our skin colour. The ultimate purpose of this