April 10, 2017 | by  | in Podcasts |

Podcasts about The Bachelor: Indulge Your Guilty Pleasures

The fact that I am an avid watcher of The Bachelor and all extensions of the franchise (yes, all of them) is not something I typically work into conversation with my peers. Is this because I do not possess a burning desire to talk about the show in great length and detail? No, it is because I have found my release in the wonderful world of Bachelor-related podcasts.

It was around a year ago that I was delighted to find that there is not one, not two, but definitely more than five podcasts dedicated to discussing The Bachelor. One of my favourite things about podcasts is the diversity of content. If you have a niche interest that none of your friends share, do not fear; instead, make podcasts your medium of choice. You will find solace in the knowledge that there are many out there who share your weird, specific obsession.  

Anyway, back to The Bachelor. If you are like me, and pretend to watch the show for “social commentary” purposes rather than just as trashy entertainment, hit up podcasts. One of my personal favourites is the Huffington Post (I know, I am sorry) podcast Here To Make Friends. It is hosted by two cool ladies, Emma Gray and Claire Fallon, who chat about the show from a feminist perspective. There are often guest appearances from former Bachelor contestants, offering genuinely fascinating insight into the behind-the-scenes processes of the show.

If one Bachelor-related podcast is not enough to satiate your appetite, then firstly, I salute you comrade, and secondly, you should check out Accept These Bros and Bustle’s Will You Accept This Podcast for refreshing and humorous run downs of the show.

For those who dabble in the New Zealand Bachelor series, The Spinoff have a highly entertaining podcast from a Kiwi perspective called The Fantasy Suite.

I will finish by saying that Bachelor podcasts have saved my dignity and allowed my friendships to flourish. I now feel no need to vent to innocent friends and family members about a show they probably despise or at best do not care about. So shout out to podcasts for validating, enabling, and pandering to my love for terrible reality television.

1. Your silent cries left unheard
  2. How it Works: On the Climate Change Response (Zero Carbon) Amendment Bill
  3. Is Vic Books Missing Out on the Living Wage Campaign?
  4. Jesus Christ Super-Nah, Saviour’s New Political Party May Need Miracle
  5. Issue 12 – Friendship
  6. SWAT: Friendship Column
  7. Inevitable Entanglement
  8. HOROSCOPE WEEK OF JUNE 3: FRIENDSHIP
  9. Liquid Knowledge: On Israel and Palestine
  10. An Ode to the Aunties