May 1, 2017 | by  | in Music |

GIG GUIDE

Wednesday: Eyegum Wednesdays — Bring your delightful selves down to San Fran for a hop and a bop with surf rockers Beatcomber and groovy lil dudes Gregonce. Best of all, it’s free and comes with $5 pints of Kereru, kicking off around 9:00pm.

Thursday: Matt Steele Quartet — If you’re the kind of person who knows that university existence is just a blip on the radar and you’ll soon be living your true and splendid boujee life, then the Pyramid Club is the place to be! Lets face it, we all feel a little jazzy sometimes, and with incredible Lower Hutt pianist Matt Steele at the helm of your musical jaunt, it’s bound to be a smooth ride. From 7:45pm.

Friday: Fortunes — For your fuckbois and highbrow hipsters alike, Fortunes will be serving top notch slinky, sensual, R&B realness at Caroline. Doors open at 8:00pm, tickets from Just The Ticket.

Saturday: Tapz and Mzwetwo — If you’re in the mood for some innovative rap, then look no further than Meow for your Saturday evening plans. Tapz and Mzwetwo are NZ locals who migrated from Zimbabwe in their youths, and are bringing their show back home on the back of signing a management deal with Kanye’s label G.O.O.D. Music. Starts 8:00pm, tickets online from Under The Radar.

Also Saturday: So Laid Back Country China and Teeth — If you prefer your music lighter on the swears and heavier on the guitars, then San Fran has got the show for you! Bringing together local stoner country legends SLBCC and psych supergroup Teeth, this will be a joyful and bizarrely satisfying affair, that kicks off at 8:00pm.