May 1, 2017 | by  | in Music |

GIG GUIDE

Wednesday: Eyegum Wednesdays — Bring your delightful selves down to San Fran for a hop and a bop with surf rockers Beatcomber and groovy lil dudes Gregonce. Best of all, it’s free and comes with $5 pints of Kereru, kicking off around 9:00pm.

Thursday: Matt Steele Quartet — If you’re the kind of person who knows that university existence is just a blip on the radar and you’ll soon be living your true and splendid boujee life, then the Pyramid Club is the place to be! Lets face it, we all feel a little jazzy sometimes, and with incredible Lower Hutt pianist Matt Steele at the helm of your musical jaunt, it’s bound to be a smooth ride. From 7:45pm.

Friday: Fortunes — For your fuckbois and highbrow hipsters alike, Fortunes will be serving top notch slinky, sensual, R&B realness at Caroline. Doors open at 8:00pm, tickets from Just The Ticket.

Saturday: Tapz and Mzwetwo — If you’re in the mood for some innovative rap, then look no further than Meow for your Saturday evening plans. Tapz and Mzwetwo are NZ locals who migrated from Zimbabwe in their youths, and are bringing their show back home on the back of signing a management deal with Kanye’s label G.O.O.D. Music. Starts 8:00pm, tickets online from Under The Radar.

Also Saturday: So Laid Back Country China and Teeth — If you prefer your music lighter on the swears and heavier on the guitars, then San Fran has got the show for you! Bringing together local stoner country legends SLBCC and psych supergroup Teeth, this will be a joyful and bizarrely satisfying affair, that kicks off at 8:00pm.

1. Token Cripple: You’re totally messing with my cripple aura, dood.
  2. You Are Not Your Illness
  3. Let Me at The Bachelor, and Other Shit Chat
  4. Lost in the Sauce – Avo-no you didn’t
  5. Mauri Ora – Winter’s Comin’
  6. Token Cripple – How To Survive Your First Year at University (with a disabled twist!)
  7. Dream Diagnosis – Fire in Wellington
  8. Liquid Knowledge – Animal farts and performative veganism
  10. Uni Council Corner

He Tāonga

:   I wanted to write this piece, in order to connect to all tauira within the University, with the hope that we can all remind ourselves that we are a part of an environment which is valuable, no matter our culture, our beliefs or our skin colour. The ultimate purpose of this