May 8, 2017 | by  | in Music |

GIG GUIDE

Tuesday: Loma Prieta with Long Distance Runner — If you like your music screamed at you at eardrum-shattering volume by a squadron of confusingly angry straight white men, then this post-hardcore gig is certainly for you. At Valhalla, the pandemonium starts at 7.00pm.

Wednesday: Eyegum Wednesdays with Womb, Pam, and George Turner — Come and experience all these beautiful baby angels sweeping you away on their tide of silver sonic silkiness. It’s free, it’s at San Fran, starts at 9.00pm and it’s going to be absurdly good.

Saturday option #1: Clap Clap Riot album release tour — If you’re just into your bloody rollicking bloody good classic guitar pop, then mate, you’re in luck. These dudes are back from Australia and they’re bringing their third album with them, hitting Caroline at around 8.30pm.

Saturday option #2: Shark Week Boat Party — In classic Wellington style, there are few good options on Friday night and then a whole darn bundle for Saturday! The second in this glorious bundle is Shark Week’s boat party, with hometown hip-hop heroes KVKA, Beach Boy and his pals, and DJ Far Too Kind rounding out the lineup. It’s at the Tug Boat in Oriental Bay, kicking off at 10.00pm, but there’s also drinks and a DJ at the Shark Week store beforehand.

Saturday option #3: Moments 001 — Moments is a collective that promotes women, LGBT people, and POC in music, and they are having their first, very respectful, and delightful DJ night of the year this weekend. This will feature DJ Snakelegs (aka Alexa Casino), Aw B, Angel X, and Jerk. This is one to lose your selfhood and become one with the faceless, shape-cutting mass to. S&Ms, starting at 9.00pm.