May 15, 2017 | by  | in Music |

GIG GUIDE

Wednesday: Eyegum Wednesdays — As per, Eyegum is putting on its weekly sonic feast, and this time it’s going to be weird, loud, and detuned. Get down to San Fran to catch Sex Golem and Mothers Dearest and jumble up your brains a little before your next class on Thursday. From 9.00pm.

Thursday: The Bats “The Deep Set” Tour — These guys are bloody kiwi royalty m8! Catch them touring their latest album before they jump over to Europe, because heaven forbid you not be in the know about a New Zealand band touring the great white continent. They’ll be at Meow from 8.00pm.

Friday: Nation “Air” Release Show — Nation are a soul/funk/rock/pop four-piece guaranteed to bring the groove to your Friday evening, and for only $10 you’ll get a rollicking good show and a copy of their new single. Prefab Hall, 8.00pm.

Saturday: Ha The Unclear “Big City” Single Release — These fun lil’ dudes once opened for Courtney Barnett, so they have earned at least ten Cool Indie Kudos Points. They’re playing Caroline from 9.00pm, and it should be a lovely sonic frolic.

Sunday: Space Place Presents: TEETH and Earth Tongue — M8 you get to see two of Welly’s hottest damn bands in a gosh darn planetarium! This selection spans the generational gap, so is bound to please baby boomers and snake people alike. These two bands are gonna hit you right in the face so hard you’d be seeing stars if you weren’t already. Space Place from 8.30pm.

1. Raw Collective, Jinz Moss, and Makeshift Movements
  2. Podcast: Interview with Get Your Hands Off My Dogcast
  4. Euthanasia Case Before the Courts
  5. We Can’t Take It for Granted: Academic Freedom in Hungary
  6. Free West Papua
  7. Pressured Lecturers, Cheating Students
  8. National Sexual Health Helpline Underway
  9. Tinder Surprise
  10. Populist Reaction Unlikely

Coffee Thoughts

: - SPONSORED - According to the NZ History website, “Wellington’s café culture is today an integral part of its identity as a city.” It’s true, everyone in this city seems to love coffee and we have an ample amount of cafes to keep the love brewing. I have been aware of t