May 22, 2017 | by  | in Music |

GIG GUIDE

Wednesday: Eyegum Wednesdays with Aw B and Mongo Skato — Prepare for a deluge of doof doof, with delightful old school disco, techno, and house sounds bumping through San Fran until the wee hours. And by the wee hours, I mean probably 12.00pm at the latest because Eyegum is nothing if not purveyors of great nights where you are still able to be in bed at a reasonable hour. 9.00pm is the time to be there.

Friday: Thundamentals “Everyone We Know” Tour — I’m gonna level with you all and admit that I haven’t the foggiest who Thundamentals are, and to me they look like a gaggle of run-of-the-mill self-satisfied fuckbois, but they also apparently play some rip roaring good hip-hop/r‘n’b and the show is free, so why bloody not m8? It’s all going down at Caroline from 9.00pm.

Saturday: Prizegiving Australian Tour Fundraiser — Probably Wellington’s most delightful live band are spreading their sweet little angel wings and visiting the hallowed land of pingers and platypuses. But before they go, they are bestowing a bitchin’ show upon the fine folk of Wellington, and bringing along their friends Alexa Casino, Secrets, and Aw B. It’s going to be splendid, and it’s going to be at Caroline from 8.30pm

1