May 29, 2017 | by  | in Music |

GIG GUIDE

Thursday: Jed Parsons + Hans Pucket — There is no doubt that this night is gonna be full of eccentric pop bangers, with the mighty Hans Pucket coming in hot off of a wild Auckland tour last week. Be at the Third Eye at 7.30pm or be someone who probably has a perfectly fulfilling night at home.

Friday: Julia Deans solo set — If heartfelt and intimate serenading is what’s been missing in your life, then Julia Deans has the goods. She’ll be playing at the aptly named Poquito, from 8.00pm.

Saturday: Double NZ’s Refugee Quota Benefit Concert — This is a mad lineup making a positive contribution to one of the greatest humanitarian crises of our time, so you’d be a darn fool not to put your party pants on for this one! We’ve got a slice of exquisitely improper poetry from Wellington’s reigning empress Hera Lindsay Bird, some delightfully bizarre and quite possibly unsettling tunes from Orchestra of Spheres and The All-Seeing Hand, and some chill ass stoner rock from So Laid Back Country China. Get yourself to Meow at 8.00pm or risk social censure.

1. You Are Not Your Illness
  2. Let Me at The Bachelor, and Other Shit Chat
  3. Lost in the Sauce – Avo-no you didn’t
  4. Mauri Ora – Winter’s Comin’
  5. Token Cripple – How To Survive Your First Year at University (with a disabled twist!)
  6. Dream Diagnosis – Fire in Wellington
  7. Liquid Knowledge – Animal farts and performative veganism
  9. Uni Council Corner
  10. Dylan Horrocks gets new job

He Tāonga

:   I wanted to write this piece, in order to connect to all tauira within the University, with the hope that we can all remind ourselves that we are a part of an environment which is valuable, no matter our culture, our beliefs or our skin colour. The ultimate purpose of this