May 29, 2017 | by  | in Music |

GIG GUIDE

Thursday: Jed Parsons + Hans Pucket — There is no doubt that this night is gonna be full of eccentric pop bangers, with the mighty Hans Pucket coming in hot off of a wild Auckland tour last week. Be at the Third Eye at 7.30pm or be someone who probably has a perfectly fulfilling night at home.

Friday: Julia Deans solo set — If heartfelt and intimate serenading is what’s been missing in your life, then Julia Deans has the goods. She’ll be playing at the aptly named Poquito, from 8.00pm.

Saturday: Double NZ’s Refugee Quota Benefit Concert — This is a mad lineup making a positive contribution to one of the greatest humanitarian crises of our time, so you’d be a darn fool not to put your party pants on for this one! We’ve got a slice of exquisitely improper poetry from Wellington’s reigning empress Hera Lindsay Bird, some delightfully bizarre and quite possibly unsettling tunes from Orchestra of Spheres and The All-Seeing Hand, and some chill ass stoner rock from So Laid Back Country China. Get yourself to Meow at 8.00pm or risk social censure.

1. Larger Than Life — Chris Rex Martin & Tainui Tukiwaho
  2. Manaia — Atamira Dance Company
  3. Philosoraptor
  4. The Basement Tapes
  5. Three Days in the Country
  6. Wonder Woman (2017)
  7. The 2017 Budget — what it means for students
  8. Interview with Gareth Morgan
  9. The Bubble
  10. The battle you never asked for: Chasing Liberty vs. First Daughter

Go Watch TV: Rick and Morty and Secular Humanism

: - SPONSORED - Writers and critics have praised Rick and Morty for its sharp character writing and absurdist take on sci-fi tropes, and I count myself in that number. But there is a mounting backlash against it that I can’t help but pick a bone with. On one of the many, many pop