National Sexual Health Helpline Underway

The Government will be undertaking a competitive tender process for a new national sexual violence helpline, according to a joint Ministry of Social Development (MSD) and Ministry of Justice (MOJ) press release issued on May 12.

An MSD spokesperson told Salient that “this initiative is part of a $46 million investment over four years to better support victims and prevent sexual violence, announced in last year’s budget.”

In the original press release, Minister of Justice Amy Adams said that “the Government is committed to building a more effective integrated system to ensure victims of sexual violence receive the support and services they need. We want to better support victims of sexual violence through a long-term plan with a focus on prevention, and appropriate crisis and ongoing support.”

“We also want to ensure that funding goes to where it is most needed and where it can deliver the best results for New Zealanders.”

MSD told Salient that the helpline will run “24 hours a day, seven days a week via phone, website/online chat, email, text/SMS and social media.”

1. Larger Than Life — Chris Rex Martin & Tainui Tukiwaho
  2. Manaia — Atamira Dance Company
  3. Philosoraptor
  4. The Basement Tapes
  5. Three Days in the Country
  6. Wonder Woman (2017)
  7. The 2017 Budget — what it means for students
  8. Interview with Gareth Morgan
  9. The Bubble
  10. The battle you never asked for: Chasing Liberty vs. First Daughter

Go Watch TV: Rick and Morty and Secular Humanism

: - SPONSORED - Writers and critics have praised Rick and Morty for its sharp character writing and absurdist take on sci-fi tropes, and I count myself in that number. But there is a mounting backlash against it that I can’t help but pick a bone with. On one of the many, many pop