May 22, 2017 | by  | in Tinder Surprise |

Tinder Surprise

I thought this week I would write about something that all of us could relate to (well most of us, unless you’re super lucky and can afford laser hair removal): pubes.

No teacher in health class told us that hair grows not only on our pubic mound… but all around the back too?! Who cares about armpit hair — no one told me I was gonna get butt hair. Growing up I was insecure about my pubes. I remember when I was young a friend asked me why I had drawn pen on me, which was pretty embarrassing. God I hated my pubes — I thought something was wrong with me.

When I was a teen and venturing into the new world of sex, I thought that as a women I HAD TO remove my pubic hair (a dumb concept tbh). I shaved lots but it was so fucking itchy when it grew back. I had my first ever brazilian in 2014 — it hurt, but it was nice because trying to shave your pubes in the shower was getting a bit difficult.

After being single for a year and engaging with a lot of different humans in a sexual manner, I realise that most people don’t actually give a fuck about your pube status. I used to worry that most people fucking me from behind would be turned off by my butt hairs but I think they’re more focused on their genitalia feeling good (my theory anyway).

So anyway, I would like to dedicate this week to pubes. Your pubes are your own and you can do what you want with them. Shave, wax, tweeze, laser, or give them a wee comb and condition. Love your pubies!

Much intimacy,

Tinder Surprise xoxo

1. Access Denied – Invisible City
  2. Tapu and Noa
  3. It’s not you, it’s Hookup Culture
  5. Touching on Taboo
  6. WOMAD
  7. National Urges Govt to be More Ambitious with Child Poverty Legislation
  8. Doin’ it for the Retweets: NZ Police’s Rainbow Car
  10. Sexual Violence Court Pilot