May 22, 2017 | by  | in Tinder Surprise |

Tinder Surprise

I thought this week I would write about something that all of us could relate to (well most of us, unless you’re super lucky and can afford laser hair removal): pubes.

No teacher in health class told us that hair grows not only on our pubic mound… but all around the back too?! Who cares about armpit hair — no one told me I was gonna get butt hair. Growing up I was insecure about my pubes. I remember when I was young a friend asked me why I had drawn pen on me, which was pretty embarrassing. God I hated my pubes — I thought something was wrong with me.

When I was a teen and venturing into the new world of sex, I thought that as a women I HAD TO remove my pubic hair (a dumb concept tbh). I shaved lots but it was so fucking itchy when it grew back. I had my first ever brazilian in 2014 — it hurt, but it was nice because trying to shave your pubes in the shower was getting a bit difficult.

After being single for a year and engaging with a lot of different humans in a sexual manner, I realise that most people don’t actually give a fuck about your pube status. I used to worry that most people fucking me from behind would be turned off by my butt hairs but I think they’re more focused on their genitalia feeling good (my theory anyway).

So anyway, I would like to dedicate this week to pubes. Your pubes are your own and you can do what you want with them. Shave, wax, tweeze, laser, or give them a wee comb and condition. Love your pubies!

Much intimacy,

Tinder Surprise xoxo

1. Token Cripple: You’re totally messing with my cripple aura, dood.
  2. You Are Not Your Illness
  3. Let Me at The Bachelor, and Other Shit Chat
  4. Lost in the Sauce – Avo-no you didn’t
  5. Mauri Ora – Winter’s Comin’
  6. Token Cripple – How To Survive Your First Year at University (with a disabled twist!)
  7. Dream Diagnosis – Fire in Wellington
  8. Liquid Knowledge – Animal farts and performative veganism
  10. Uni Council Corner

He Tāonga

:   I wanted to write this piece, in order to connect to all tauira within the University, with the hope that we can all remind ourselves that we are a part of an environment which is valuable, no matter our culture, our beliefs or our skin colour. The ultimate purpose of this