Faculty of Health Scholarships

VUW’s new Faculty of Health is offering undergraduate scholarships for 2018.

The purpose of the scholarships, which were announced on July 13, is to attract undergraduate students to the faculty’s new Bachelor of Health degree.

The Faculty expects to offer over 20 scholarships to both school leaver and mature students. The scholarships can be worth up to $5000 and may be held in conjunction with Victoria’s established Achiever and Excellence scholarships.

However, in order to minimise costs and maximise the number of scholarships awarded, the University has the ability to decrease the value of a Health scholarship by up to $4000 if a student already holds another school leaver scholarship.

According to Professor Gregor Coster, Dean of the Faculty of Health, the scholarships are a “strategic initiative” to mark the establishment of the degree and are only to be offered in 2018.

Applicants are primarily assessed on their academic records, but are also subject to “other criteria” such as the quality of their personal statement in their application.

Instruction for the Bachelor of Health degree is to begin in trimester one of next year.