July 17, 2017 | by  | in Music |

GIG GUIDE

Friday: The Beths // Hans Pucket // girlboss — Keep it two-thirds local and go see cool Wellington bands Hans Pucket and girlboss play with also-cool Auckland band The Beths at Meow during this cool season. Starts at 8.00pm.

Saturday: ’Scuse Me Tour 2 — These dudes really need to change the name of the tour… but if you’re into hip-hop the Tug Boat is the place to be, with a lineup including KVKA, Beach Boy, and Name UL. Doors open 10.30pm.

Saturday: Draghound ~ Moody.V and The Menstrual Cycle ~ Gregoncé ~ And The Winner Is — If you hate hip-hop and/or Beach Boy, definitely check out this gig at Caroline and soothe yourself with this mixture that combines to something between grunge, funk, and pop. Don’t be late, doors open at 8.00pm, ’cause “4 Rad bands = rad times.”

1. With Arms Wide Open: AUSA to return to NZUSA
  3. WEED — Anthony McCarten
  5. The New Animals — Pip Adam
  6. The Queer Agenda
  7. Fazerdaze
  9. The Green Option
  10. Bogan Beautiful (The Musical)
blue

The Things We Share

: - SPONSORED - As a Pākehā kid, when I first learnt to mihi, I found that building a sense of my own whakapapa was a kind of patchwork, something I could stitch together by pulling threads from family stories. The waka I chose, or borrowed from my father, was called the Wanganel