July 17, 2017 | by  | in One Ocean |

One Ocean

A very warm welcome to all returning and new students. Hope you are all wrapping up warm in this wet, windy, and wintry weather. Rest assured in the knowledge that the love, support, and prayers of your family and loved ones will carry you through the trials and tribulations of another challenging trimester.  

Congratulations to those who did well in trimester one. For those of you who didn’t achieve your goals, move forward and use valuable lessons learnt from past mistakes and previous experiences. Stand tall, work hard, and persevere. All is not lost. Failures have pushed several individuals to try harder, work smarter, and read widely to broaden one’s horizons and with a sheer determination of purpose, perseverance, patience, prayers, and setting one’s priorities right, great results have been attained and maintained.

As Teresia Teaiwa always reminds us, “we Pasifika people come from an incredible heritage of an intense relationship with the environment, full of diversity and rich of knowledge. The Pacific Ocean is the largest single geographical space on the planet, our ancestors found it, settled, and it’s a gift, we have a responsibility to look after with our minds, hearts, and spirit.”

Pasifika students, we have a responsibility of carrying our people to success, let us not forget our prayer warriors and support that got us this far. We are conquerors that are born from the bloodlines of people that navigated such vast oceans, that have lived out in the dangerous oceans for months, but still remained alive. If our ancestors can do it with all that hardship, how can we not? Step up, speak up, take advantage of the services available, get to classes, and remember God is at the forefront of it all.

May you all find comfort in the love and protection of our Father in Heaven.

1. Newsthub: No need to kill cats Mittens, owners should be responsible – Wellington Mayor Justin Lester
  2. Where Does Your Student Services Levy Go?
  4. Simran Rughani Resigns from VUWSA
  5. Score Steamed Hams with Seymour for Society Soirée
  6. VUWSA Launches Student Mental Health Campaign
  7. Tragicomic Webseries
  8. Issue 18, Vol 81: Under the Surface