August 7, 2017 | by  | in Music |

GIG GUIDE

Thursday: Totems / lskse_ NZ tour Wellington w/ Brace + The Scrussian — Don’t go out on student night, save yourself for this instead. At the Pyramid Club from 8.30pm: “Totems … ambient long-form compositions (akl) // lskse_ … pushing, pulling, uniting in unexplained noise clutter (akl) // Brace … biting, grinding pleasure // The Scrussian … skellies get jelly when they see me on the telly.”

Saturday: KAVA CLUB presents The Live Mixtape — KAVA CLUB is a collective that brings together emerging and established Māori and Pasifika artists, and they are facilitating a live mixtape performance, including visuals, waiata, korero kupu, and taonga puoro, at the Flux venue, part of the Wellington Museum, in support of the Wāhine | Ngā Wāhine Māori exhibition. 5.00pm until late.

Saturday: UZ — To be honest I have no idea who UZ is but he has a song called “Trapshit V20”, and another one called “Trapshit V22”, and another called “Trapshit V24”, so you probably are going to be in for some trap (hopefully not shit) from 8.00pm at Caroline.

1. Token Cripple: You’re totally messing with my cripple aura, dood.
  2. You Are Not Your Illness
  3. Let Me at The Bachelor, and Other Shit Chat
  4. Lost in the Sauce – Avo-no you didn’t
  5. Mauri Ora – Winter’s Comin’
  6. Token Cripple – How To Survive Your First Year at University (with a disabled twist!)
  7. Dream Diagnosis – Fire in Wellington
  8. Liquid Knowledge – Animal farts and performative veganism
  10. Uni Council Corner

He Tāonga

:   I wanted to write this piece, in order to connect to all tauira within the University, with the hope that we can all remind ourselves that we are a part of an environment which is valuable, no matter our culture, our beliefs or our skin colour. The ultimate purpose of this