August 14, 2017 | by  | in Music |

GIG GUIDE

Thursday: Church of Goya / Beatcomber / Damn Dans — Slip on down to Moon this Thursday for a heavenly infusion of post-punk, surf rock, and pop jams. Doors at 7.00pm, $10.

Friday: Unholy jam space show — An absolute stellar lineup of Pam, Girlboss, Dodge Viper, and Happily Headless makes this $5 steal of a show an absolute Friday night must. Get on down to 305a Mansfield St from 6.00pm for a jolly good loving stroke for your earholes.

Friday: Alexa Casino Release PARTY — Party is all in caps for a reason, come along and see Alexa Casino perform new music feat. Womb and cool DJs at Caroline from 8.00pm, $10.

Saturday: For the Maui — A delightfully wholesome all-ages daytime gig for the benefit of our endangered brethren the Maui dolphin, with a sinfully good lineup including queen of mellow doof k2k, ambient goddess Ludus, FCKCPS, Rifts, and many more. Entry is by donation and prints are available to buy from various artists on the day so crack open your piggy bank, my sweets! At Raglan Roast from 3.00pm.

Sunday: Black Sheep Animal Sanctuary Fundraiser — Yet another daytime event for a wonderful cause, this time the upkeep of over 200 rescued sweet animal babies. With the greatest concoction of activities known to womankind — cheap booze, vegan food, vintage clothes, tattoo flash, facepainting, AND tunes from Unsanitary Napkin, TVX, Pantihero and Corpse Rat — you’d be an absolute melon to miss this one. It’s going down at Newtown Workingmen’s Bowling Club, 2.00–9.00pm.

1. Token Cripple: You’re totally messing with my cripple aura, dood.
  2. You Are Not Your Illness
  3. Let Me at The Bachelor, and Other Shit Chat
  4. Lost in the Sauce – Avo-no you didn’t
  5. Mauri Ora – Winter’s Comin’
  6. Token Cripple – How To Survive Your First Year at University (with a disabled twist!)
  7. Dream Diagnosis – Fire in Wellington
  8. Liquid Knowledge – Animal farts and performative veganism
  10. Uni Council Corner

He Tāonga

:   I wanted to write this piece, in order to connect to all tauira within the University, with the hope that we can all remind ourselves that we are a part of an environment which is valuable, no matter our culture, our beliefs or our skin colour. The ultimate purpose of this